What's new
What's new

shop clean out , racks, tooling, face driver, rotary table, dividing head

I'm glad you mentioned you can ship! There's no way I can make the coast-to-coast trip for a pickup.

I'm interested in one of the NMTB50 4"dia 6"LOC spiral mills. If I remember from an earlier PM posting, you had some of the replaceable cutters? If so, what would you like for one replacement, and do you have two?

Sandvik's website has totally forgotten the 265.2 line of cutters. (I don't know why Marketing guys think ignoring past products is a good idea.) Since the face mill you have for sale is an "hR" instead of an "RA" (which I know about), let me ask a couple of questions about it. Does this cutter have a 75 degree lead angle? Does this cutter take standard square inserts (SP..42E..)? If "yes" and "yes", I might be interested in it as well.

Last edited:
I'm glad you mentioned you can ship! There's no way I can make the coast-to-coast trip for a pickup.

I'm interested in one of the NMTB50 4"dia 6"LOC spiral mills. If I remember from an earlier PM posting, you had some of the replaceable cutters? If so, what would you like for one replacement, and do you have two?

Sandvik's website has totally forgotten the 265.2 line of cutters. (I don't know why Marketing guys think ignoring past products is a good idea.) Since the face mill you have for sale is an "hR" instead of an "RA" (which I know about), let me ask a couple of questions about it. Does this cutter have a 75 degree lead angle? Does this cutter take standard square inserts (SP..42E..)? If "yes" and "yes", I might be interested in it as well.

I've got a Kennametal tool that looks like that, which someone gave me a few years back, and has been laying around since. Seems to be the same with them, hell even when I got it, I could find zero reference to it online. I'm missing one of the nests, but can only find one referenced to the same style, on msc's website, with 5 minimum order at $25 each, and no picture to verify it, and a different part number than is on the ones I have.

Is there anything special about these nests typically other than geometry? i.e. does it need to be hardened tool steel or can I make some replacements from mild?

Course, I never really considered using this cutter in the first place. Any particular advantage? Just have a lot of square inserts to use or, because you can get them cheap surplus? Or is there some other aspect that makes them advantageous that I'm not getting?

Curious whether I should put the work into getting this one in action, sorry, I'm more of a hobbyist so, forgive me if it's a dumb question. I'm pretty uneducated about indexable tooling thus far. (FWIW the one I have is only 3", takes 10 inserts, and the biggest mill I've got is 5hp K&T).

Back