What's new
What's new

Shop towels on ebay

• Thread starter guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 3,265
I go to the local thrift store. A large kitchen garbage bag stuffed full of clean cotton tee shirts is $2.50.

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

Ordered some up, I’ll give them a shot. I had a bag of old orange ones my father in-law gave me, but they are done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll post up when they get here. I’m sure China makes “Made in USA” labels” :)

Bought a 1000 on Amazon a few years ago, wish I had seen these first, good deal and USA made

nothing wrong with the ones I bought but these seem better and slightly cheaper and 'murican

I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in the states. You see some weird stuff like that: IPhones = China, Screw Driver = China, Cheap Tupperware = ...... USA???

Yes, we still have molding and cheap feedstocks here, and low "mass to volume" products like Tupperware wind up being cheaper due to much less shipping cost. And productions is likely highly automated, so labor's less of a factor.

Not a bad deal. The cheap ones I have appear to be water repellent, so good for wiping grease, but not for pickup up liquids. These ones are cotton.

I might have to get some people to go in with a group buy.

Steve

I bought some of these back in January. The ad said "MADE IN USA". After I ordered them I got an email from eBay saying the seller updated their listing. Wasn't sure what the update was, but when the rags arrived it was obvious what the update was. On the box was "MADE IN PAKISTAN". The rags where nothing more than cheese cloth dyed red. The rags didn't even look like the ones in the listing

Rags came today. No label that identifies country of origin. They are no where near as good as the few that were in my father in laws box from the 70s. They are usable and probably worth $50 , but they are pretty thin and you can actually see thru them if you hold them up to a bright window.
I’ll try them for a bit and report back

Rags came today. No label that identifies country of origin. They are no where near as good as the few that were in my father in laws box from the 70s. They are usable and probably worth $50 , but they are pretty thin and you can actually see thru them if you hold them up to a bright window.
I’ll try them for a bit and report back

Ditto what ripperj said.......Our box came in today too, Great American Textile says Georgia but box says made in Pakistan. Thin but usable.

These guys have a bunch of confusing, and repeat listings.

Some look much better than others, some are pre-washed and shrunk, and my experience with all these rags is that they're usually really loose (but much larger dimensions) until they're washed once.

Some are listed as much thicker/heavier also, but the lack of objective criteria for such, is frustrating.

The ones labeled as hucks, or restaurant use seem to be generally thicker, and any of the "terry" style ones will probably be more absorbent, but prices go up.

For spill use I'd find one of their listings that's for the "extra large" size ones that say pre-washed and look at those dimensions. That way you don't have to wash them, use them and toss. I'm planning to try some of the "hucks" for general pocket duty use. Although I did notice one listing for chinese hucks they say are the softest, but they're also listed as thinner material.

Looking through all their BS listings gave me a headache, I'm probably going to just message them with my expectations and ask for a recommendation.

The OP listing does say "prewashed" but they've got other listings that say "extra thick" that I'm guessing are better for general use. These look just like the red ones I've seen at HF, and yeah, they're thin no matter how much you wash and dry them, however, I kind of read the current description of these as "wipe and throw away" towels. They've definitely got others that are obviously much nicer.

Back