What's new
What's new

Small Radial Arm Drill Siemens Harlan KY, Technical School For Sale.

Yes
Siemens switch components.
They're small enough not to get in the way in a smaller shop but still have enough power for moderate size drills
I've did a set of 20 1-1/4" holes thru 2" A-36 without a problem
I think about 900 lbs
Never did find a manual or real spec sheet.
The riser on the "sweet little bugger" is a nice touch, probably adds some stability, as it is a radial arm "flopover"

Yes
Siemens switch components.
They're small enough not to get in the way in a smaller shop but still have enough power for moderate size drills
I've did a set of 20 1-1/4" holes thru 2" A-36 without a problem
I think about 900 lbs
Never did find a manual or real spec sheet.
The riser on the "sweet little bugger" is a nice touch, probably adds some stability, as it is a radial arm "flopover"

If I'd had one of those instead of a "bench" model Walker-Turner, I'd not have spent $800 (plus $4,000 getting it home and put right...) on 7 HP & 4,400 lbs Avoir of used Alzmetall AB/5S MT5 "column" drill.

To be fair, it has nearly as useful depth of throat @ 15" CL to column,[1], takes up no more width and depth of floorspace.

Just tall, that's all!

[1] I have a different solution to-hand where "reach" is paramount.

The Walker-Turner is awaiting a "round tuit" to become a 10 1/2" trans-shop beam-trolley gantry drill.

So about 25 FEET of "radial" reach to wotever is atop an Iron-castered steel table it came in the door bolted to + outriggers to a H-F die cart atop it for "Z" axis adjust.

One just like the OP DP, or perhaps the same one, sold on govt surplus for a bit over $1200. Had a quill problem, some apparent rust/discoloration, some missing small parts. I have never used one but looks robust & heavy, well designed, and in the middle of that large but useful size range between a Sigourney precision and a 40hp Carlton.

-Marty-

Back