What's new
What's new

Small Vibratory Media F/S

Ox

Diamond
I have prolly >25 buckets of media that is too small for our use currently.
I hope to get another vibe to run the smaller stuff it one day, but for now my pockets are overflowing...

This is what they call a synthetic media in tetrahedron shape.
It is very lightweight media and we use it on alum and do NOT have to protect any external threads, which saves us from having to cap and un-cap our parts.

$5 / bucket?

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2647.jpg
    DSCN2647.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 261
I think it would get stuck in our parts, or I'd take 10 buckets. Can you send me a sample hunk, collect on my UPS or FedEx account? If so, PM me for details. Thanks, OW

I'm not hip on 3rd party UPS, but I will Shirley send samples on my dime - no worries.

In a perfect world, maybe we will be going past your place next month, but we will see.
Not sure that we would have any room for much extra deck space tho?

They would be just fine for solid parts.
The smaller size just takes more time tho...

If someone is interested, I got to thinking that I could just toss a liner in a Gaylord and dump them in there...
Not sure if my liners are that big or not? I think - maybe...

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

That's fine, but my thought I guess was that someone would want several buckets that would amortize the cost of LTL.

.. Or pick them up if nearby or driving past...
(I can hear the traffic on 80/90 at night)

Or maybe LTL is OK for 4 buckets.
Just keep in mind that these are open buckets.
Not going to be able to just toss them in a brown truck.

As long as you have a plan - we're good! :D

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

What size are the buckets? 5 gallons?

How full would I want to fill my bowl?

You snuck in there when I wasn't looking:

5 gallon buckets - yes.

As for how full - IDK.
Mine takes about 25-35 gallons to run.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Per offline requests - I'll answer here:

A bucket scales out at 50#.

If someone wants 4 or more buckets, and is willing to pay LTL, I'll skid and wrap them up.

Sorry, but I'm not dicking with USPS. (or UPS for that matter)
Besides, they'll ship it to Walla Walla first anyhow, and it will get broken open and you will end up with a .4# empty box when it get's to your place.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Guessing from the pic, but they're about 3/8-1/2" on a side? And tan, so a medium finish/metal removal rate?

I haven't used the synthetic yet, still using polyester green media, but want to use something that doesn't stink, so I can move the tumbler inside. Any smell associated with this stuff?

Yeaaaahhhh, the stuff in the pic measures a proud 1/2", but I'd guess that this is prolly on the bigger end of what I have.
Some of it likely will be down around 3/8 tho.

I got thinkin' _ I bet that we could just rinse out a coolant drum and fill with this stuff for secure shipping.
I'd think that it would pour back out just fine?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Use an IBC tote and you could probably fit it all in there.
And it's a ready made pallet, no need to strap a barrel(s) to a pallet.

Yeaaaahhhh, the stuff in the pic measures a proud 1/2", but I'd guess that this is prolly on the bigger end of what I have.
Some of it likely will be down around 3/8 tho.

I got thinkin' _ I bet that we could just rinse out a coolant drum and fill with this stuff for secure shipping.
I'd think that it would pour back out just fine?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If it didn't flow out of a drum easily, one could always vibrate the drum :)

The size sounds good to me- any smell to it when tumbling?

Oh yeah, the smell issue.... :o

I honestly don't know what you mean.
I guess they have a slightly chalky smell when you dump them in dry, and that would be the last that I have ever smelled them - ever.
... and we put a box fan(s) on the media sludge to dry it out before bagging it up and puting in the dumpster.

Of course you get used to about any smell, but still, I don't ever recall noticing this when we started with it either.
???

I've never used the green stuff.
Maybe I don't want to?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Kind'a hate to waste a tote for that.

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

They sell them clean used arund here for $90, it sure would make the shipping easier.

No pissing with buckets, banding to skids etc.

Just ensure the bottom valve is closed, apply a funnel to the top and go at it.

Oh heck, I've got a dozen out here that I got for free.
Those are getting too populated to demand much $.
The places that git in many of them can't git rid of them fast enough anymore.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Oh yeah, the smell issue.... :o
I honestly don't know what you mean.
I guess they have a slightly chalky smell when you dump them in dry, and that would be the last that I have ever smelled them - ever.
... and we put a box fan(s) on the media sludge to dry it out before bagging it up and puting in the dumpster.

Of course you get used to about any smell, but still, I don't ever recall noticing this when we started with it either.
???

I've never used the green stuff.
Maybe I don't want to?...

Ah, lucky you! The polyester media stinks like a fiberglass canoe shop during layup when the tumbler's running. Awesome finish (pre anodize), but I've been looking to move the operation inside for years. Kind of a pita to tumble outside in the winter - wait for a day above 15 deg, having brought the media inside for a couple days to thaw out, haul the media out, haul the hot water out, etc, etc.

Anyway, I'm very interested. 10 buckets or so, whatever, single layer on a pallet shrink wrapped LTL suits me, if that suits you. PM incoming...

Well, it would be nice to have the noise outside, but I kan't imagine ever going to all that! :eek:

This is the only stuff that I have ever used.
We sent our intended part out to a media supplier, and this is what they recommended, and that is what we have stuck with.
I doo start with 2 different sizes tho.
I git this stuff as 3/4" and 1-1/8" for different applications.

The one thing that I doo find completely amazing is that this stuff never wears into a round shape.
The corners doo round off a bit, but it always holds the tet shape.
I don't know how that is even possible, but it does it.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The one thing that I doo find completely amazing is that this stuff never wears into a round shape.
The corners doo round off a bit, but it always holds the tet shape.
I don't know how that is even possible, but it does it.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, that's a mystery to me, too. Instinct is they'd just turn into balls.

Back