What's new
What's new

Speedline High Speed Grinder Attachment F/S

Danny VanVoorn

Titanium
I have this surface grinder attachment that's never been used sitting here still with no grinder to use it on so I've decided it's time to go. It fits a 3" diameter spindle and the pulley fits a standard 1 1/4" adapter, includes the draw bar and the 1/8" collet. I think I can ship this in a flat rate box; Asking $250 for US residence only. If interested send a PM and we'll work out the details.
DanDSC00054.JPGDSC00055.JPGDSC00056.JPGDSC00057.JPGDSC00058.JPG

I wonder if that could be adapted to a Bridgeport spindle? Might broaden the audience for it.

Don't have a Bridgeport on hand to measure the quill but definitely could be bushed or bored to fit a slightly different size. One concern, the belt/pulleys would have to be shielded from chips or the belt would likely have a short life.

Honestly, I think it's a bit limited. If you had a spin fixture on the table, and wanted to grind a small bore it would work for that (small mounted grinding point needs to run at high speeds).

Can't think of much else...

I think the main intent of these surface grinder attachments is to grind slots or possibly get around other types of obstructions. I have a B&S attachment that probably fits my B&S No. 2 surface grinder, but have never needed it or mounted it in 41 years.

I had one by Boyar-Schultz that I sold in 2006. Here are the pictures. I had a low-res camera back then, so I cannot read the text that lists uses for the attachment.

Larry

B-S hs att 6.jpg.JPG B-S hs att 2.jpg.JPG B-S hs att 1.jpg.jpg B-S hs att 3.jpg.jpg B-S hs att 4.jpg.jpg

I don’t know if there’s not any interest or the price is off. If the latter feel free to make me a reasonable offer, I do want to move this.
Dan
I know this is an old thread, but I have the Speedline device, and always considered it potentially very versatile. Perhaps readers will find it of interest. I did have to roll some sheet metal (aluminum) sleeves to bring its bore down to Bridgeport diameter - you can see one of them projecting above the speeder. The speed ratio is close to 5:1. Today I sharpened a .510 diameter gun drill-type bit with it, my first real application. I used a type 5 grinding wheel of unknown origin, probably reduced by previous user to about 1" OD. I dressed the outer, lower face of the wheel to a sharp corner and took off about .015 from the face of the bit to remove some wear on the cutting lip. Of course, a proper tool grinder would have also made short work of the job, but I don't have one....
I think I inserted two images, of the setup and of the sharpened bit.
Mike

Attachments

• 100_2790.JPG
    100_2790.JPG
    839.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_2792.JPG
    100_2792.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 17

Back