What's new
What's new

Stainless drops and Incoloy/inconel drops

SShep71

Hot Rolled
I have two lots of material here, all drops from previous work. First lot are all 15-5 drops in different states, the long pieces are 1 3/4" diam 8" long. The larger diameter pieces are 2 3/4" diam. The total weight is 62Lbs, I am asking $50.00 plus shipping ($25.00 large flat rate USPS).

The second lot is all non-magnetic Stainless 321, Stainless 347, Incoloy A286, and Inconel 718. There are several different diameters. The total weight is 13Lbs. I am asking $25.00 plus shipping ($12.00 small flat rate USPS box)

Lot 1

IMG_20210323_190428869.jpg

Lot 2

IMG_20210323_190938007.jpg

Sorry all the lots are claimed already. I do have a lot of 12L14 and some other large stainless pieces that I am going to be listing.

Tom,

I've just received a USPS notice. Apparently, your parcel arrived to the local PO, but they say they will release it to me only if I pay $100 postage fee.

Based on your correspondence, you shipped it over a month ago. Yet the notice states that it's an overnight parcel. Can you figure out what's going on?

Thank you.

Mike

Sounds like it wasn’t sent flat rate and set as COD “collect on delivery”.

Better return to sender lol, but would that mean the charges still apply to anyone who picks it up from anywhere?

I just checked and the tracking number says that it was held at the post office on April 9, 2021 at 8:47am. I am not sure why it would have been held at the post office, I would never chose to hold at the post office unless someone requests it. It was sent priority mail large flat rate, on 03/26/2021.

"Held at Post Office, At Customer Request<br/>2021-04-09 08:47:00.0"

I am not sure why it would be held there, I will call USPS tomorrow and see what the problem was. Why the hell would USPS be asking for a $100.00 charge, or alerting you three weeks after receiving it about it's arrival. I never do COD, too many flakes out there. I learned my lesson the hard way with that.

They held all my mail because I was on vacation for two weeks. So this is OK. But $100 charge and the Parcel Overnight marks on the Notice sound really strange.

I'll try again to contact someone else at the Post Office tomorrow. COVID19 made USPS a nightmare to deal with.

The parcel overnight marking is weird. If you need me to send you receipts and screen shots let me know. The USPS is a nightmare on a normal day, COVID just makes an already near impossible task that much harder.

Yep...

If you have any proof of how it was shipped, it maybe be helpful when I speak to them tomorrow. I'll send you my e-mail address by PM.

Thanks Tom.

Mike

Tom,

OK, just spoke to a sane person at the PO that holds the package. In case you need it, their phone # is 262-245-5183.

The lady states that the package is a way over 70lb: "Our scales go up to 70lb, and the package is like 100lb or so. Two people are needed to lift it. And the self-printed label shows 1.1lb weight"

I asked her if I could come with my own scale and recheck the weight or maybe she could do it again herself, but she said the package came from the central facility labeled as overweight, so she wasn't the only one who noticed the overweight. She stated that they were required to stricktly reinforce the 70lb max rule after Dec. of the last year, and it was requested for this particular package by a higher up facility.

I tried inquiring about her scales maxing at 70lb and showing zero if the weight is over. Maybe it's 70.5lb? She said that, first of all, even if it were .5 lb over, the extra $100 would still apply. But she is convinced that the package is way over 70lb.

Shortly speaking, if I want to get it, I'd need to pay $100 additional. Otherwise, I'll have to reject it.
What do you want me to do?

P.S. I misread the handwritten note on the delivery label. It says "Package overweight" vs. "Package overnight"

I feel like they will hold the package from either side pending payment.

When I flat rate my stuff they weight it in front of me and print out a label and slap it on the box.

I’m guessing OP printed his own label and box, mistakenly understated the weight and shipped it.

I’m surprised they even accepted it, no way it took 2 ppl to lift yet they still shipped it.

Maybe California postmen are stronger than the Wisconsin ones. :)

The lady said that it was Click-N-Ship, and the CA office, apparently, didn't use scales for some reason.
I wonder if the CA office is ready to split $100 fine with Tom. ;)

I did some research out of curiosity.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/How-is-the-size-and-weight-of-a-parcel-determined

“Maximum Parcel Weight
Pieces going to a domestic location may not weigh more than 70 pounds.
Lower maximum weight standards may apply to mail addressed to some APOs, FPOs, and DPOs.
The maximum weight of a parcel bound for an international destination varies based on country. This can be determined through the Postage Calculator.
Overweight charge - Any item exceeding the 70-pound Postal Service Maximum weight limit is nonmailable. Overweight items identified in the postal network will be assessed an overweight item charge payable before release of the item, unless the item is discovered at the same facility it was entered. Postage and fees refunds are not available.”

600 Basic Standards For All Mailing Services | Postal Explorer

1.2.3 Fee
[1-24-21] Except for an overweight or oversize item discovered and picked up at the same facility where it was entered, the overweight/oversize item fee of $100 will be assessed and must be paid before release of the item. The $100 overweight/oversize item fee may be paid by any authorized retail payment method or through PostalOne!.

That’s screwed. :( Looks like the package won’t be released unless someone pays 100$ flat out unfortunately.

They don’t scale at all locations it seems. Good luck gents, if I was the sender I would personally work a deal with ya. Hopefully you guys work it out

I would be worried about fees/fines to the sender if the package is rejected, they won’t ship it back period because it’s over weight. I have no clue what they will do if both parties reject.

Looks like you have the option to pay 25$ more then the agreed price (assuming you got a refund from OP) or walk away.

I got No idea what OP options are

Oh Man. This is the King Solomon story in real life. ;) I'm anxious to see how seller and buyer work it out...

Me to, very.

It seems to me the (honest) mistake is primarily on the OP.
To his credit it would take a whole team working around the clock to read that convoluted mess the post office has online.

Back