Stainless drops and Incoloy/inconel drops - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a little shocked that the receiving PO didn't notice the damn package was heavy and give a head's-up to the shipper.

OTOH, the only time weight is explicitly mentioned is on the OP (not to be confused with the PO), so more care is needed on his end to confirm weight before shipping.

Sucks that the PO's response when they themselves don't check weight on receipt is so punitive. I wasn't aware it was that high. But I have been careful to weight my FR boxes before I leave my building.

2. Likes Homebrewblob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tom,

Any updates for me?
    Thank you.

Mike

4. Likes Homebrewblob liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am going to call tomorrow, I am calling BS on the package being over 100lbs, either that lady has her head up her ass or I all of a sudden don't comprehend the idea of place package on scale properly. As far as the weight being listed as 1.1 lbs that is total BS, when you click the ship flat rate box there is no where to input a weight. Here is a screen shot of the payment and order showing up and the email confirmation. Something does not make sense. usps-bullshit-2.jpgAttachment 320588
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails usps-bullshit-2.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^I wish you well - hopefully you get a decent human...

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewblob View Post
    Me to, very.

It seems to me the (honest) mistake is primarily on the OP.
    To his credit it would take a whole team working around the clock to read that convoluted mess the post office has online.
    Yeah - that was my first thought. But on thinking some more, a guy needs to recognize that sales here are generally by non-professional sellers. And the buyers gain from that. (Were this on eBay, it'd all be on the seller for sure). I think it's unlikely to think that either the buyer or seller is 'at fault', and as a practical matter, it could be viewed that the USPS just changed the rules in the middle of the game. Split the $100 fee. If neither buyer or seller wants to do that, let the USPS own the item...

It doesn't matter the exact weight, if it's 1 ounce over 70 pounds, USPS wins.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the weight of 1.1 is a “Minimum” weight, like the package even empty weights more then 0 so they put 1.1 automatically, if it’s flat rate the weight below 70Lbs is of no concern to any of us externally.

And agree the exact weight over 70Lbs doesn’t matter, if it’s over 70Lbs it’s 100$.

The post office specifically says they DO NOT weight packages at all locations.
    And 70+ Lbs packages are NO SHIPPABLE.

I don’t personally feel the buyer should have to pay anything beside the agreed upon price or get a refund, how is the buyer at fault at all?

You talking about buyers taking advantage of sellers ignorance/mistake?

How on earth could the buyer have known or planed this?

That’s Par for the course of being a seller. If I made a mistake like this I would refund the buyer and ditch the package at the POst office and eat the 22$ shipping/metal.

It sucks to say it.

Obviously we all Prefer the buyer and seller get what they agreed on but if that package is over 70Lbs then it’s the post office getting screwed if neither party pays up.

And we all like to play robin hood with Corporations/ big entities but on a moral level someone’s eating something 1 way or another.

The post office didn’t change things mid game, the world did. What’s the post office supposed to do? Sound air raids and inform the public of a policy change?

You hire me to move a Bridgeport, pay me in advance (for a BP) and when I show up it’s a K&T #3 I’m gonna fight you.

Someone has to pay the piper and I’m positive from Experience the post office ain’t cutting any breaks here.

My mother has worked at the downtown Cincinnati post office for my whole life. google it, the building is actually pretty neat and the lobby is beautiful

I wonder if OP threw in some bonus tid bits without realizing the weight was getting excessive

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Michael I tried to get some answers from USPS about the package, I didn't get anywhere. I still cannot believe that the package is over 70Lbs. I don't recall ever adding anything extra to your box but I did send out a bunch of stainless in the last two months, I know I added some extra to another box, but that was a separate order. If I don't get anywhere with USPS local I am going to file a complaint to help resolve this, if that doesn't work I am going to just refund your money. I will post an update when I have information.

9. Likes Homebrewblob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds good, Tom.

If you can issue a refund now, I'd appreciate it. But if your complaint is solved to your satisfaction, and the package can be claimed by me, I'll immediately send you $75 again (regardless of the fact if I need the steel at that time or not). Just post a note here.

Are you OK with this?

Thank you.

Mike

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sent the refund for the material and shipping. I am going to still to get to the USPS people and see what they come up with.

12. Likes Homebrewblob liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Them road pirates are gonna hold onto that package with a death grip.

I’m afraid due to the whole BS process required to even try and get them to reverse a decision, your more likely to reverse the earth’s rotation.

I’m skeptical of the weight myself, I shipped some Cast iron around 55lbs and the lady could barely lift it onto the scale.

Now a 70+ lbs package, that’s hard to swallow, I don’t see many postal employees carrying 80lbs bags of concrete

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tom,

I've got the refund. Thank you.

Mike

15. Likes Homebrewblob, SShep71 liked this post