What's new
What's new

Starrett #224M 150mm - 300mm Outside Micrometer

Rogue_Machinist

Hot Rolled
This was my uncles. Just received today from my cousin and I have no use for it. This comes complete with all anvils and tools to swap anvils out. All paperwork that it was shipped with. Inside the case looks brand new. Outside case is not as pretty. Micrometer is in excellent shape. Thimble is very smooth and ratchet its crisp.
ASking $450 plus shipping. But open to offers. PAYPAL ONLY PLEASE

IMG_20200923_175837.jpg
IMG_20200923_175203.jpg
IMG_20200923_175055.jpg
IMG_20200923_174414.jpg

For what it's worth there is a set that looks in decent shape for $270 Canadian which looks like converts to $202 US + $20 Canadian for shipping on Ebay. No idea what a new set cost, but it seems similar 2nd hand inspection instruments in excellent condition go for 50% of new. Do note not many members are on the metric system.

I bought a like new metric set of TuMiCo's that is roughly 12-18", but metric. This is full micrometers, not interchangeable anvil type for $150. The seller figured it was easily $500 if it was an inch set, but nobody wants metric.

For me, I love tumicos. They're super nice in the bigger sizes. I'd prefer inches, but I do not have a problem using 25.4 either.

Interchangeable anvil is also a detractor. I won't buy them. Regardless of how cheap they are they just aren't convenient to use.

I bought a like new metric set of TuMiCo's that is roughly 12-18", but metric. This is full micrometers, not interchangeable anvil type for $150. The seller figured it was easily $500 if it was an inch set, but nobody wants metric.

For me, I love tumicos. They're super nice in the bigger sizes. I'd prefer inches, but I do not have a problem using 25.4 either.

Interchangeable anvil is also a detractor. I won't buy them. Regardless of how cheap they are they just aren't convenient to use.

Yeah I get that. But when you see the price of really questionable quality sets this is a Starrett quality item..

Back