What's new
What's new

Starrett, Brown and Sharpe squares

BobaFettUp

Plastic
36” $3500, 24” $400, 18”(not pictured)$300 12” $200, 10” $125 Mahr (not pictured) buyer pays shipping offers accepted.
f5fe4073c39b1f1e64eaf80e0faff777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! We're supposed to post prices in dollars, not yen!

Go ahead and look up a new one. Find a good used one for $100 and buy it, that’s why I purchased one new from Starrett. Read the rules of the forum, if you are not interested then just keep it to yourself, thanks.

Go ahead and look up a new one. Find a good used one for $100 and buy it, that’s why I purchased one new from Starrett. Read the rules of the forum, if you are not interested then just keep it to yourself, thanks.

I'm not interested but is the 3500 for real or a typo? I have no clue what these things go for.

I will say, we got a cheap square at work for a single functional test...the base was 12k out of parallel, the blade was curved and was off over 25k from top to bottom. I had to wire a chunk out of the bottom for the design then mill the bottom to get the blade in, got it to within 1k bottom to top side milling on a Bridgeport.

Despite working full time for MIT and Harvard full time Mr. Milland has much trouble following the orders of the forum and apparently seeing value in items. If you are not interested, keep your comments to yourself. Thank you.

No, I'm just full time in your head. Believe me, I deserve double-pay for being in that swamp!

Since you're such a fan of forum rule reading, perhaps you've noted the one about "it's not just for selling stuff"?

Yes, I see that and I have been utilizing the knowledge provided by others here very much. In the future please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in purchasing. Thank you.

Yes, I see that and I have been utilizing the knowledge provided by others here very much. In the future please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in purchasing. Thank you.

In the future, I expect to be looking for goods worth their price. So you've nothing to fear from me.

Any certificates or accuracy or recent calibration/certifications to go with the big Starrett or B&S? NOT the original certificate, a NIST traceable recent certification?

Never mind, if there was some kind of paperwork to say that this think isn't a twisted mess I would be somewhat interested, as I have been looking for another 36" square for some work I have planned. But for that asking price I would expect at least something in terms of paperwork. Good luck with the "sale" if someone ever gets desperate. Anyone else, I am looking for a 36"+ machinist square with some sort of paperwork and a price that isn't close to manufacturers listed prices.

Never mind, if there was some kind of paperwork to say that this think isn't a twisted mess I would be somewhat interested, as I have been looking for another 36" square for some work I have planned. But for that asking price I would expect at least something in terms of paperwork. Good luck with the "sale" if someone ever gets desperate. Anyone else, I am looking for a 36"+ machinist square with some sort of paperwork and a price that isn't close to manufacturers listed prices.

Check ebay, there is a recently calibrated Starrett 20-36 at nearly half the price of this one. Still overpriced IMO.

Back