What's new
What's new

Starrett and other machinist items

jmhoying

Hot Rolled
Thanks for all the past purchases. My webpage listing seems to work well for this use.
I added about 20 items to the page this evening. Mostly Starrett tools, but there's also a micro Albrecht chuck and other items.
My email address is on the website and that is the easiest way to contact me.

http://jackhoying.com/jack/tools.html

Thanks,
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

You are pretty heavy on sales and very little participation. People are complaining.

I understand what you are saying. I don't have the experience of most people on this site and it's often pretty intimidating to comment. However, I have been around here for 4 years and have started discussions on things pertaining to my machines in the past, as well as some of the accessories I've made. I've had great interactions with the people that I've sold to and bought from on this forum, but if lots of people are upset that I'm offering these tools for sale, I'll back off a bit.

Jack

Fwiw, seems a guy posting stuff for sale in the way Jack does is nothing but a positive. Good stuff, well posted, fair prices, excellent transactions..

Fwiw, seems a guy posting stuff for sale in the way Jack does is nothing but a positive. Good stuff, well posted, fair prices, excellent transactions..

My experience as well. Jack is more solution than problem - tools of the trade recycled to the next in need.

That said, every Moderator has a next-higher too, and PM does ALSO have for-fee advert space they'd hope to sell more of.

Bill

FWIW, I am not complaining. I don't have anything to sell here at this point, but my knowledge and expertise level (or lack thereof) means I am getting far more FROM this site in information and resources (like the classifieds) than I am likely ever to put INTO it.

I understand and agree with the participation rule, but would suggest that not everyone can or should participate to the same degree but might still have items to sell that the members here would want. I have purchased a few items from Jack and am VERY glad that he had the opportunity to offer them here.

That said, if the issue is whether Jack (or someone else in a similar position) should or must participate as a commercial entity, then there should be clear-cut, well-defined and explained policies re same. And those well-defined and explained policies may already exist, but I have not had need to know one way or the other.

Thanks again to Jack, and a BIG thank you to PM for providing the resources supplied via this website.

Back