What's new
What's new

Steady Rest

Ted Lundberg

Plastic
WTB Steady Rest

Looking for a steady rest for a 13 inch South Bend lathe and any other tooling for the tail stock and tool post. Cat No. 113C

Last edited:
Please add "WTB" to the start of your title.

Yea, otherwise someone is going to look at the titles of your post and say "Why do I need a steadyrest. I already have this 13" South Bend steadyrest sitting on the shelf and I never use it."

:-)

Steve

Yea, otherwise someone is going to look at the titles of your post and say "Why do I need a steadyrest. I already have this 13" South Bend steadyrest sitting on the shelf and I never use it."

:-)

Steve

I have an old 13" Im interested steadyrest to donate to tools to loan for our users. in any attachments/tools/parts

I have one from a South Bend Fourteen which to the best of my knowledge used the same castings and had the same bed dimensions as the 13. You would need to machine .500" off the bottom surfaces to match the spindle center height of your 13. It appears to be in near new condition. Let me know if you are interested or need additional information.

i have a 16 , and fabbed a base from 1020 , veed the thing to fit the ways,,welded one from an old leblond or
sheldon maybe steady. i chucked it on the machine
and centered it on a 1" bar in a 3 jaw . covered the ways and tack welded the shebang , then nickel stick
welded it together . pain in the balls, but cost !
$100 or so.

pay the 3-4 hundred if you really need a steady. i use it maybe 5 times a year. at most. but if your work
needs it ......good luck. don't be a hero.

Back