What's new
What's new

Still Looking for some KO Lee Cutter Grinder accessories

skipd1

Cast Iron
I am still on the lookout for a couple of grinding accessories for my KO Lee cutter grinder. I want a center gauge and a B820 center, the one that adjust radially. Anyone who has an idea for sourceing these besides Ebay would be great.
Thanks

Skipd1

If it's of any help, I gave up trying to find one for my K O Lee T & C grinder. What I use now is a Mytotyo height gage. I turn the scriber upside down so the sharp point is up. I set this to the CL of the sensitive work head or the EM grinding fixture. Then raise/lower the grinder head to center of the height gage. Doesn't have to be exact in measurements. Again,just an suggestion. As or the BB20 center, I'm not familiar with that part, unless that is part of the centers for grinding between centers. That piece you may have to make. Ken

Correction: I didn't read the Number B820 correctly. Will have to look it up. Sorry, Ken

Can you post pics of what you are looking for?

I have some assorted junk around that came with a lathe purchase a few years back. Some of it is tool and cutter stuff, I think.

Cast iron, hockey stick looking thing in particular, with a little steel tab mounted on the end. Need one? Want another one? :)

Won't help the OP, but I have to say to anyone else considering buying a T&C grinder, do NOT buy it if it doesn't have all the accessories you need.

It's like a shaper without its vise or a lathe without its tailstock.

metalmagpie

The cutter relief adjust is unobtainium.
I looked for a long time and only saw one (way out of my price range) on ebay.
Instead just learn to sharpen horizontal cutters without it, it is not that hard.

The KO Lee style center gauge is very easy to make if you have a mill...

Those old KOs really had a lot of attachments, I also use an old height gage for setting the wheelhead in relation to the work center line.
This is an old Cinci, good workheads are hard to find.
nmNaEht.jpg

Won't help the OP, but I have to say to anyone else considering buying a T&C grinder, do NOT buy it if it doesn't have all the accessories you need.

It's like a shaper without its vise or a lathe without its tailstock.

metalmagpie

One can NEVER have all the accessories you need ;-)

I have a nice Adjustable Clearance Setting Dial w/dog for a tool and cutter grinder. 3/4" straight shank, pointed end is sharp and no scars. Is this the relief adjust tool your looking for? Adjusts 15 degrees each way from zero, and stamped 65471. 75.00+ mailing.
spaeth
DSCN0654.jpgDSCN0658.jpgDSCN0659.jpg

When I bought my Cincinnati no. 2 clone it came with a tooling cabinet which contained every single accessory made for that machine.
[/img]

metalmagpie

Nice and all, but how's that help the OP with what he needs?

And I was offering to give away for postage, anything I have that looks like what the OP needs, but I want to see a picture so I know what to hook off the pile...

Back