What's new
What's new

Suburban Tool MCB-824-FP 8x24" Magnetic Chuck

junkomatic

Plastic
Suburban Tool MCB-824-FP 8x24" Magnetic Chuck. Works. I am am just never going to own a surface grinder that will accommodate the thing. Located in Pasadena, CA. $150, or open to trades for whatever I don't know I need. Thing weighs 130 pounds, I am not interested in shipping it. I don't have any packing laying around that would even begin to protect it, and am not interested in the hassle, or dealing with it arriving damaged.

DarFBpd.jpg

o6bc2HQ.jpg

Great condition.
The "FP" suffix means this is a fine pole chuck, great for holding small or long thin parts.

Steve.

and it will be good for large and thick as well.
Seeing that this is the ops first post it will be good to make a secure method of trade.

Using such a chuck one sets the back and end side rail about 1/32 high off the chuck so the back rail may be skimmed ground in place, and so a brush sweep will clean it of chips and grits. With the screws holes chamfered and only wrist tight.

Yea, first post selling something is a little cheesy, I know. I was reading through the rules. I am just a small hobby guy with a Series One J Head, a 12x36 lathe, couple Miller welders, etc. This site is geared more toward professional shops, and I have lurked through looking for info on how to do things, but I do not know what knowledge I have that someone here does not already know. Cheap on purpose, got it cheap, passing it on cheap, figured this community might have someone local who can actually put it to use. I am a little vague on trades, but anything really that someone would use on manual machines. I could use a 4 or 5" milling vise, insert tools holders, or if someone has Hardinge square 5C collets in 3/8" & 1/2" that are not clapped out, I'd trade it for those. Run it by me. I just really am looking for local pickup.

In line if no one else comes through, I have a bunch of inserts and some stuff specific to manual machines you may be interested in. I am down in Temecula, so coming up there or you coming down here to look through the shop is only a matter of a drive.

Back