What's new
What's new

Surface grinder hubs

leeko

Stainless
I have a bunch of surface grinder hubs that are now surplus to my needs.

- 9x standard hubs (LH thread, approx 2-1/4" OD, 1" ID at big end). One of them has an oversized (3") locking nut
- 2x RH thread, 2-1/4" OD, 1" ID at big end. One has a few dings on the face that should be stoned flat.
- 2x odd smaller ones, I'm guessing for a tool and cutter grinder (see picture).
- I also have 3 "inner halves" of LH hubs i.e. everything except the locking nuts.

All appear to be in decent usable condition, though would benefit from cleaning.

Asking $30 each + shipping for the complete hubs, $15 each + shipping for the incomplete hubs. If someone wants the lot, I'd take $375 shipped.

Thanks,

Lee

fa7865b7646dc3ef8008919590175639.jpg

I would probably be interested in 1. Let me see which kind mine takes. I can never remember. Does these have the adjustable weights on the back?

I would probably be interested in 1. Let me see which kind mine takes. I can never remember. Does these have the adjustable weights on the back?
Hi, there are no adjustable weights on these. I might be wrong, but I thought they were only necessary for the bigger hubs / bigger wheels?

Lee

I might be wrong, but I thought they were only necessary for the bigger hubs / bigger wheels?

Lee

Anything that spins on any type of machine can benefit from balancing. To balance small grinding wheels it is often necessary to peck small dimples in the side of the wheel with a carbide masonry bit. No hammer drills, and make sure it still rings after (although muted with the hub attached)

Do you have any of the 2 1/4 left hand hubs left? I have a Norton S-3 surface grinder and could use some hubs, as I only have the one on the machine.

Back