What's new

Surface grinder wheel dressers for sale

indianamoon

Aluminum
Starrett Last Word dresser with extras $385 DSCN1480.jpg

Threadwell radius angle dresser $300 DSCN1489.jpg

Newbould angle dresser $300 DSCN1504.jpg

Taiwan angle dresser $125 DSCN1499.jpg

This sale is part of a complete machine shop liquidation, please e-mail wants and needs.

Thanx for looking,

Pat

Pat, I have a Last Word Sales Co., Detroit oak case with an "Econo-Dress" by Econoline Tools angle and radius dresser inside. There is no indication that Starrett made it and I am not sure if the dresser is a Last Word. Is yours marked Starrett?

I found that Last Word Sales was a reseller, not a builder, of shop equipment in Detroit around 1960. Econoline Tools was in Roseville, MI and may have used Last Word as a sales agent.

https://www.ebay.com/i/153482198974...MIsu37uvDI4wIVC0TTCh3h6QztEAQYAiABEgLjEvD_BwE

From a biography of a man who worked for Last Word: About

"Al Szarek Founder Westbrook Engineering
In the early 1960’s a young 36 year old entrepreneur with a wife and 3 young children decided to take a chance. Our Dad, Al Szarek with a degree from the University of Detroit in electrical engineering had honed his selling skills selling a new technology to replace vacuum tubes called "transistors". After a few years of selling transistors for Pacific Semi-Conductors and then National Semi-conductors, he made a career change. He joined a company by the name of Last Word Sales in Detroit who sold circular metal cutting saws. Last Word Sales imported unique German sawing solutions built by Eisele. There were 2 types of circular saws: high speed friction saws or 'hot' saws and low rpm “cold” saws that “milled” its way through steel and left very little burr.
After selling these machines for a few of years, one day he said, “I can do this on my own” and decided to start his own business. So in 1964 he resigned from Last Word Sales and he set up a small office down the basement of his house on Westbrook street in Warren-thus was born “Westbrook Engineering Company”. "

Here is mine:
DSC02004.jpg DSC02006.jpg

The four patents were all issued to Edwin V. Statia Sr. of Royal Oak, MI with one-half assigned to Edward L.Chapman of Detroit, MI from 1943 to 1952.

In 1919, Henry Lowe registered his "Last Word" trade mark for test indicators, the earliest use of the name that was registered. Starrett still owns the mark and keeps it live. There are dozens of other registered "Last Word" marks for various products, but none for Last Word Sales Co., notwithstanding the R in a circle mark on their name plate.

Larry

Back