What's new
What's new

FS: Barnes Treadle Lathe Seat Assembly

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
I got this with a lot of leatherworking tools and machine parts years ago. It had been used with a sewing machine, but by my eyes it looks like it would be for a Barnes Treadle lathe. I'd love to have the rest of the lathe it was once attached to, but I've got plenty of projects and I'm sure there are a few of these lathes out there missing the seat, so who wants it?
20211220_200716.jpg
20211220_200823.jpg
20211220_200806.jpg
20211220_200758.jpg
20211220_200738.jpg
It was media blasted and painted black for a brief display job on a treadle harness sewing machine. It has one of the original "plow" bolts and a second carriage bolt to hold the seat on. There are a few cracks around the middle of the seat, but they look old and it's still fairly solid (after painting it was sat on several times and the cracks never moved). No missing bits so someone could braze or weld it back together easily.

I'm not sure what these would be worth. I'm not looking to get rich off of it but would like to know its going toward it's intended purpose. Any thoughts? I'll break it down for shipping, but I don't think it will fit in a flat rate box, so send me your address and I'll get a few quotes.

Back