More

DSCN3846.jpgDSCN3848.jpgDSCN3849.jpgDSCN3850.jpgDSCN3851.jpg

F K.O. Lee PO B989S $15 Plus shipping
G K.O. Lee B985AD adapter $10 Plus shipping
H Pair misc centers no marking $20 Plus shipping sold
J Unknown center gage approx 4.75" $10 Plus shipping SOLD

Last edited:
C and D left centers;

One can take out the center and use the left center to put in a stub arbor for grinding shell mills and the like. bushings on the stub arbor for different sizes. yes better done between centers on a riding finger.
For end sharpening turn the cutter on the stub with table turned. For a angle sine make an angle plate welded to the size that fits the center bore, Rotate to angle needed and lock.Put in a stub that has a hole and screw to extend you diamone out to dress wheel.

Take the table keys out and it rotates to angles.

Just saying that is a nice fixture start for a number of uses

Here is a little trick:
Sharpening circular saws it is not uncommon for them to want to chatter a bit and so get a poor finish or cause increased wheel wear. I made a nylon finger that was set to ride against a saw (or any job that liked to chatter)and with a little side pressure the job was more stable.
Another trick is to circle grind the OD to get a shiny spot on about 60%+ of the blades and when sharpening wipe the spot to sharp. Surprising how error in the face rake angle makes most sharpened saws still off circle.
Carpenders at my last big job would bring new top quality saws to me for sharpening before first use. No that was not my job so I did it on the Qt.They were big at least 14s might have been bigger(?)

Reason for the 60%+ is that the blades a little low did not touch and so are still sharp and there is no difference in saw life between 60% and 100% teeth in the cut. I read that in an old loggers book so tested it and it proved true.

Dogs scared the postman off yesterday, so picked up mine this morning. Turns out the centering gauge is a dead-nuts match for my old B&S 10N. Stroke of luck, and a great deal. Very VERY happy here, thanks.

Back