Tool Steel A2, D2, O1, 4150 QT and many more alloys FS in small quanitities. - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jspivey View Post
    Just some feedback for everybody thinking about buying from Paul(Hardplates). He was great to talk to and deal with. Spoke to him over the phone about what I wanted and everything was packaged and shipped very quickly. Wouldn't hesitate to buy more from him.
    A small amount of feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hardplates View Post
    To anyone trying to get ahold of me today via phone,

My cell phone has been wacked sine last night and has been turning on and off randomly on its own and now appears to have no outgoing audio. My voicemail is full and who knows if I will get text messages. I will be going to buy a new phone after lunch today and should be back in touch with the world at that point. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Paul
    My phone was "wacked" died, it was not hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Hey Hardplates. I just spoke to you on phone. PM sent. Just wanted to verify before I PayPal you.
    Paul.... and anyone else who can contribute to this. Maybe Iím way too cynical but... since Paul mentioned his phone was whacked plus since this thread seems to be idle, Iím getting a bet paranoid before I go ahead a wire money to a PayPal account. I just wanted to be sure your account hasnít been hacked and hijacked Paul. I just spoke to you on the phone and received a text to send you the money for my purchase to a PayPal account which has no name connected to it. When I googled that email address of that PayPal account.... I get a listing for watches in the Philippines.
    Like I say... I know Iím a cynical person but.... Iíd like to see a response here or a pm message here since the last post says your phone is dead. Would a moderator care to chime in here. ??
    I totally understand and would never fault someone for being cautious about sending money! I spoke to Tim on the phone again and all is well and funds have been received. I have sold several items through this forum and have always had good or no feedback, never anything negative. Just wanted to publicly respond. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More Feedback...
    I bought a lathe chuck from Paul last year. It was well packed and shipped promptly.

3. Likes Hardplates liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quick update. Everyone who has paid, your orders have shipped and you should have received tracking numbers from me. If not please let me know!

I have to get a couple short runs of parts made and out the door and then I will be responding to the next batch of people.

As usual don't be bashful if I haven't gotten to you. Keeping track of everyone is a task in itself

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It’s all good Paul. My problem is that I have limited knowledge of all of the internet technology stuff. Yet I’ve heard horror stories of businesses networks getting hijacked and sales then diverted. Business network goes down but then the crooks who took down the network are now posing as said business.... then stealing sales from said business. Customers pay but their payments are now going to the scammer.
    So... that’s where my cynical mind drifted for a second Paul. I just wanted to make sure that you were still connected and that’s why I posted that message. I then tried to delete it... but it looks like you still have it there.
    Anyway... we’re good and payment has been sent to you via PayPal. The reason I tried to delete that message is I didn’t want to hurt any of your sales.
    Sorry again for the trouble. Thanks again- Tim

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It’s all good Paul. My problem is that I have limited knowledge of all of the internet technology stuff. Yet I’ve heard horror stories of businesses networks getting hijacked and sales then diverted. Business network goes down but then the crooks who took down the network are now posing as said business.... then stealing sales from said business. Customers pay but their payments are now going to the scammer.
    So... that’s where my cynical mind drifted for a second Paul. I just wanted to make sure that you were still connected and that’s why I posted that message. I then tried to delete it... but it looks like you still have it there.
    Anyway... we’re good and payment has been sent to you via PayPal. The reason I tried to delete that message is I didn’t want to hurt any of your sales.
    Sorry again for the trouble. Thanks again- Tim
    No worries, I was just letting everyone know on here incase they missed or I missed an email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Paul did a 1st class job packing my 2 slabs of A2. Taking the time to cut a piece of 1/2” plywood and then strapping both pieces to stop them from getting damaged. We just made it under the 70lb max for Priority shipping. Time to fire up the surface grinder and my those pieces flat.

8. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just an update. Received my order of around 80 #’s of A-2 and Stressproof steel in 2 USPS BOXES. Steel securely strapped to piece of plywood inside of each box and then the boxes had extra tape on them. Shipping heavy chunks of steel with USPS isn’t always easy and extra measures need to be taken in order to insure that they arrive intact. I’ve had empty boxes arrive on more than one occasion.
    That said Hardplates aka Paul went above and beyond the call of duty. Dealing with him was a pleasure. I told him what I wanted and he sent me a text....I sent him payment through PayPal and stuff arrived within a few days. I couldn’t be happier nor more pleased.
    Thanks Paul

10. Likes BugRobotics liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sneebot View Post
    More Feedback...
    I bought a lathe chuck from Paul last year. It was well packed and shipped promptly.
    Well.. I met him in person.. to gift him with a used Phase-Perfect I no longer have the years left to mess with. Mind - I have a brand NEW one I kept!

He's a "real person!"

Easily a dozen other PM members have met ME as well - our own Milacron included.

They can at least confirm I am a boring Old Pain In The Ass.

At least one HAS done, "Right here, on PM", but we still get along well enough to do a bit of goods trading now and then.

BFD. You'd have to know humans?

If nothing else, that should prove PM Members are a more honest lot than the national average?

12. Likes vanguard machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    They can at least confirm I am a boring Old Pain In The Ass.
    You can't be.

I'm one and I've never seen you at the meetings!

Steve

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Tool Steel A2, D2, O1, 4150 QT and many more alloys FS in small quanitities.

I recíd my steel in the mail. The plywood bottom and strapping the steel to the plywood with nylon banding (as mentioned by others) was the trick to prevent this from being a delivery of an empty box.

Iíd buy from him again. Easy to communicate with and smooth operator. Thanks for the steel.

15. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    You can't be.

I'm one and I've never seen you at the meetings!

Steve
    Wrong venue, mayhap?

Try One Kennedy Road, Hong Kong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any word on the bar stock? I see the list of rounds, just curious what is available in bars.

Also interested in a flat rate box of assorted. I don't have any idea what might come up to need this, but I hate to miss out on a great deal. Good to have some on hand.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
    Any word on the bar stock? I see the list of rounds, just curious what is available in bars.

Also interested in a flat rate box of assorted. I don't have any idea what might come up to need this, but I hate to miss out on a great deal. Good to have some on hand.
    I have lots of large A2 bars that I can saw off just about anything and a few blocks of 4140 that I could saw up. As far as assortments go, I have a tough time coming up with anything to pre do as everyone has a different idea of what an assortment is. IE a bunch of small pieces or a couple larger pieces. I'm sure if I just send out whatever someone will say "if that was an 1/8" larger I could have done...…"

Also I've been so busy lately I haven't taken the time to do anything with it unless someone orders something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll have to give it some thought on what I may need.

I fully understand your concerns about sending out random sizes. My trouble is that I don't really know what I need.

I'll be back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My lot of 1144SP came exactly as promised and very well packed. Good stuff.

-Marty-