What's new
What's new

Trimos / Fowler TVM 300 height gage - Swiss made

dgcope

Cast Iron
TVM 300 (320mm - 12") height gage in very good condition. (.01mm .0005" resolution) Works perfectly...this thing is like a swiss watch, a mechanical marvel. Absolutely beautifully made...and meant to last a lifetime. Counterweighted head slides effortlessly on ball bearings. Has measuring force preset for upwards or downwards measuring direction, ultra fine feed, as well as lots of other useful features. As far as I'm concerned this thing leaves all "comparable" height gages in the dust. Included bi-directional ball probe looks unused.

Still made by Trimos...current price is about $5000 USD. Parts and accessories are no problem.

Has a few bumps and bruises here and there but these in no way affect it's utility. In fact I was told this has recently been sent in to Fowler for cleaning, calibration and a new counterweight cable.

New battery. Ready to use. I can include a copy of the manual, I have one somewhere.

These are hard to find!

$675 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 179
Potentially interested ... a few questions:

is there an audible beep (like a trimos v or a tesa hite) when the probe hits a surface? Or some other mechanical method to alert the user that a measurement is being taken? This might be the measuring force preset you mentioned but i’m not sure ...

Can it auto-zero on a diameter? As in hit once on the top of a hole, once on the bottom, and then set a zero reference at the centerline?

Could you use shop made-probes, or is there an electrical connection like the older tesa gauges which basically forced the use of their probes?

Thanks. Basically I’m wondering if this is like a stripped down trimos v, or if it is just a reallllly nice height gauge.

Hi upthebikes,

Thanks for your interest. This is "just" a realllly nice height gage ;-) No audible probe touch. No auto zero. The measuring force preset is mechanical. But the included bi-directional probe moves up and down equal to it's diameter, so calculation of centerlines is a whole lot easier. Trimos made centering cones for picking up bore centerlines. With the "weightless" sliding head this is easy to do. There are no electronic connections, so you can make your own probes and I have done so. The only complication is having to be mindful of the probe assembly weight in order to keep the counterbalance roughly correct.

Thanks for the reply dgcope. I’ll let someone else be the potential new caretaker. Trimos stuff is very well made, will make a great gauge for somebody!

Back