rbt

Plastic
looking to buy van norman 12 mill collets

hardinge 5v particularly ,750
draw thread condition not a concern

looking to buy van norman 12 mill collets

hardinge 5v particularly ,750
draw thread condition not a concern

I think I may have 6 or 8 of them buried in a drawer somewhere. Let me dig them out and see what I have.

I looked and I have 5 total, 4 Van Norman brand and 1 off-brand. My memory is mush anymore and I forgot to write down what sizes they were, but I'm pretty sure the Van Normans are 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". The off-brand one was 21/32" I think or something oddball like that. They're all in great shape with only some discoloration from some rust they'd gathered before I got them. They've all were buffed on a wire wheel then coated with oil when I received them. Make me a fair offer and they're yours if you want them.

The 3/4" was not available from Van Norman in this collet and if you can find one, it will have a very short hold length, as it is nearly as big as the OD of the collet body. Best bet is to make a Weldon type holder for a 3/4" on the machine. I did this by making the holder on the lathe and then finish boring using a SB lathe compound clamped to the table with the head horizontal and feeding with the saddle. I also made the OD of the holder to match the spindle nose of the Logan lathe so I could put the chucks and faceplate for the Logan on the mill for large swing oddball work. Worked out very well.

i got a 3/4 collet but its wore out ( came with van nor # 12 when i bought it )
like you said holding power sucks
in the process of making a holder
thanks randy

sure i'll have them for 100
will have to figure out how to e trans money to you
and how to get your email privately
not very good at computer stuff
will get back to you
thanks randy

Back