What's new
What's new

Wade Lathe Cross Slide and Compound For Sale

Wade called it a "Super Slide Rest" - fits 94/98 lathes. As usual, Tony has good pix and a writeup here:

Wade 94 & 98 Lathes , about halfway down the page.

This one is missing the sliding screw cover and as usual, the bedlock mechanism. The cover is easily fabbed and the bedlock mechanism is different for 7s, IIRC.

Wade called it a "Super Slide Rest" - fits 94/98 lathes. As usual, Tony has good pix and a writeup here:

Wade 94 & 98 Lathes , about halfway down the page.

This one is missing the sliding screw cover and as usual, the bedlock mechanism. The cover is easily fabbed and the bedlock mechanism is different for 7s, IIRC.

Thanks for adding the information, Neil.

Yes, of course.

And I notice, after looking more thoroughly, that the "squaring" crank is missing. It fits through the hole in the "bed", for lack of a better term, shown in the second pic in your 1st post.

Nice for squaring the whole rig to the lathe bed just before locking it down, but not essential. Have a sketch for that around here somewhere, too.

Yes, of course.

And I notice, after looking more thoroughly, that the "squaring" crank is missing. It fits through the hole in the "bed", for lack of a better term, shown in the second pic in your 1st post..

Neil, I am not familiar with Wade accessories, How does the squaring crank work? The hole you pointed out is just that, a hole that goes from the outside of the slide to the t-slot on the bottom of the slide. I assume there is some kind of t-bolt that the squaring crank secures to the slide, but that is just a guess.

There is also a square head screw on the back side of the compound. Does that lock the compound?

Dave

The squaring crank looks kinda like a screen door handle on the outside, with an eccentric on the inside that bears against the bed. Comes out easily to allow the slide to come off the lathe, prob the main reason they're often missing.

It doesn't lock the slide to the bed, just positions it squarely before lockdown.

There is also a square head screw on the back side of the compound. Does that lock the compound?

Yes, exactly.

Back