What's new
What's new

WANTED: 1/16" Concave radius cutter

javan.dempsey

Aluminum
I need 1/16" concave radius cutter to mill the outside radius of half 1/8" diameter on the end of flat bar.

To be clear, I'm looking to cut a convex radius, but the cutters are concave. i.e. they'll mill an outside radius, like if you corner radiused the top and botton of a bar, at once. I need to mill the edge of a bar half-round.

Shaft or shell cutter is fine, if anybody has one.

Thanks!

I was surprised that the Moon Cutter catalog doesn't have concave cutters as standard, just convex.

If no one offers you one here, here're some sources:

KBC Tools, house brand, 1/2" shank
KBC Tools, Niagara, 1/2" shank
KBC Tools, house brand, 1" arbor hole (although I would call to confirm that they really mean circle diameter, not radius. They have another one 1/2 the size, so even if it's mislisted they have the cutter you want.)

Travers Tool, KEO, 1/2" shank
Travers Tool, house brand, 1" arbor hole
Travers Tool, KEO, 1" arbor hole (the catalog index and catalog page are inconsistent. This might be 1/4" diameter.)

To avoid the appearance of being condescending (joke: reference to another PM thread), I will not say "Here, let me Google that for you."

I was surprised that the Moon Cutter catalog doesn't have concave cutters as standard, just convex.

If no one offers you one here, here're some sources:

KBC Tools, house brand, 1/2" shank
KBC Tools, Niagara, 1/2" shank
KBC Tools, house brand, 1" arbor hole (although I would call to confirm that they really mean circle diameter, not radius. They have another one 1/2 the size, so even if it's mislisted they have the cutter you want.)

Travers Tool, KEO, 1/2" shank
Travers Tool, house brand, 1" arbor hole
Travers Tool, KEO, 1" arbor hole (the catalog index and catalog page are inconsistent. This might be 1/4" diameter.)

To avoid the appearance of being condescending (joke: reference to another PM thread), I will not say "Here, let me Google that for you."

LOL Thanks, I'm not having trouble finding one retail, just hoping to find a "I've got one laying around" price on one. Seems like an odd-ball piece of tooling that someone might have a dozen extras laying around from some project, like keyseat cutters, or double angle cutters, which I've got a pile of floating around here somewhere.

Anybody got an opinion on the general quality level of KBC "House Brand"? I know from experience most of the Travers import "house brand" is absolute junk, or used to be.

Back