What's new
What's new

Wanted - Antique Hand Wheel 10"+ with 6 spokes

Thanks, they told me they only have 4 and 8 spoke hand wheels. I searched McMaster and they only have 4 spoke hand wheels. I am looking for a 6 spoke hand wheel.

If you don't mind picking through scrap, find a place that might have a defunct cast iron gate valve. Course, the price of scrap these last few years, maybe those old gate valves have ended up in our new machine tools ;)
kootne

If i was in the US...and if my ring roller was not lent out... I would have gladly welded you one up for a beer or two.

For a reasonably competent welder with a ring roller (that has formers to roll round bar ) it would not be such a difficult job to make you one exactly how you want it.

If they layed some nice beads, and finished it nicely, you'd hardly know it wasn't cast.

ALSO... I adore bank vault doors! I just love stuff like that, check out the late Bruce E Sterns excellent gun room...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/gunvault.asp

OK, so a bank vault combination viewer must view bank vault combinations, but in detail, what does it do and how does it do it?

Steve

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I also have been fascinated by vault doors. They are really decorative and symbolic objects as well as functional. Always seemed like it could make a great coffee table photo book. Thanks for the link to the photos.

I particularly love the huge decorative nuts and bolts in stainless, always flawlessly made, and given the age of many of these, must have been on manual machines.

Back