What's new
What's new

Wanted: Heidenhain TS 641 Probe / Parts

dturner

Plastic
We have an old TS 641 probe on a Deckel Maho DMU-80. It died recently and Heidenhain will not repair. I haven't found anybody in the US to repair it yet either. I decided to take it apart and when I plug in the 6 pin plug from the stylus end of the probe it seems to kill the main board. Without it plugged in, a red LED flashes. Once plugged in, it doesn't blink.

So I am looking to see if anybody has old TS 641 probes laying around. I would like to try a different probe sensing section on this probe before throwing $6000 at a new one. We use the probe very little just due to the applications, but is handy on the few occasions it is needed.

Also, if anybody has experience taking one of these apart and have some tips, feel free to send me a message. Right now my old one is only worth throwing in the scrap bin, so nothing to lose trying to dive into it.

The section I would like to replace:
IMG_8159.jpg

The main board that appears to be functioning?
IMG_8152.jpg

I'd be checking for a short in the stylus end as well as checking the power supply output on the main board. Any recent event (drop, coolant ingress etc?)?

Last edited:

Back