What's new
What's new

WANTED No.2 Morse mill tooling

roachie

Plastic
Recently acquired an old Bridgeport M head and I need to tool it up. Just looking to see if anyone here has anthing laying around before I go to ebay for it.

Looking for:
Collets
Endmill holders
Boring head
Flycutter
Drill chuck or arbor
Misc.

Just to clarify, this uses a draw bar style Mt2, not the standard tang seen on drills.

Thanks!

I have some B&S 7 collets and they dont fit, previous owner checked it with a 2mt drill (minus the tang) and it fit.

Bridgeport literature says it was available with both.

I have some B&S 7 collets and they dont fit, previous owner checked it with a 2mt drill (minus the tang) and it fit.

Bridgeport literature says it was available with both.

#2 MT was far the more common, BeePee world.

Threaded-arse 2 MT are out there, brand-new. I bought some larger ones (#2 clear to #5 needs, here..) and also a few of the threaded-in conversion tangs.

May have been H&H Industrial (Chinese goods, but the passable ones)?

They may have the collets as well, as they had the #9 B&S for me, and showed #7 BS&, too.

You need to get up and running soon and economically, an ER, many sizes-of, can be had on #2 MT tail, often threaded in METRIC, though.

I picked ER 40 and ER 20. ER 32 is perhaps more popular than either.

Cheap, quick, reduces drawbar fiddling, covers the basics for lathe, mills, and drill press, one set of collets ++ "limited collapse" added for taps and such as needs arise.
2CW

CDCO Tools in Schaumburg IL has MT2 collets for $8 a pop or a 7 piece set 1/8" to 1/2" for $53.

Chinese stuff of course.

Jacques

I've used both. CDCO hasn't yet been as nice as H&H. At the least, I had more CLEANING to do of CDCO goods.

MT collet gets you minimal hang-out. Otherwise there are BETTER ways to hold a tool. Many, actually..

NB: For an endmill, not for drilling, lots of cutters, same-same shanks, a 1/8" increment on size steps is not a major show-stopper.

Back