What's new
What's new

Wanted: Obsolete parting tool inserts

tarawa

Aluminum
I need to find some inserts for an old parting tool.. Had this laying around but inserts are no longer made.
The holder is a Sandvik Coromant 150.2-25-6
I believe the inserts is an R150.21 ??
Thanks.
George

gtbehary<at>gmail(dot)com

I need to find some inserts for an old parting tool.. Had this laying around but inserts are no longer made.
The holder is a Sandvik Coromant 150.2-25-6
I believe the inserts is an R150.21 ??
Thanks.
George

gtbehary<at>gmail(dot)com

George, I can't believe inserts cannot be found. I know it can be difficult, but try shopping by size required. If all else fails, contact Sandvik, they are usually very helpful. Nobody wants to see a good customer go to waste.

George, I can't believe inserts cannot be found. I know it can be difficult, but try shopping by size required. If all else fails, contact Sandvik, they are usually very helpful. Nobody wants to see a good customer go to waste.

Hi Steve
I called Sandvik first and they were stumped. I guess the tool is so old it was before their time. Maybe 1980s. I will keep shopping ebay and try to cross reference the size with another insert. I will probably buy a tool with a more modern insert.

Were you able to find any pictures of one of the inserts online? I have a lot of old inserts I can check through, but lots of the packages are dirty, or have strange numbers. Might help me look if you I knew what they sort of look like.

Steve.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I would toss it. The blades are not very expensive, even if you did fid a box or two of 1980 inserts, you'd just have the same problem again next time. Get a new holder and move on with life, in this case.

btw, those weren't that great even when you could buy inserts.

Back