What's new
What's new

Wanted, T-1498-1 Finger Gage for Gorton/Lars 375 Cutter Grinder. Drawings, CAD, pics?

nsaqam

Cast Iron
I recently got a Gorton/Lars 375-4 which came fairly well tooled but it did not have the T-1498-1 Finger Gage.
This is a sheet metal gage with an adjustable angle used to set single flute cutters for various operations.
Famco, the present OEM supplier wants an astonishing $575 for this simple gage. I consider that price to be bordering on criminal and I will not pay that.
If anyone has one of these gages they could dimension for me I'll pay a fair price for your time and effort.
Alternatively I'll buy an original if anyone wishes to sell theirs.
Thank you in advance for any information provided.

Ken

Nobody has one of these?

Where else should I inquire?

Circuitousroot possibly?

I'd prefer to make an exact copy of the tool including even the degree markings which I'll engrave with my Gorton 3-U pantograph.

Did you ever find drawings or info on the T-1498 gauge? I just got a Gorton 375-3 and also need the gauge. Thanks, John

Did you ever find drawings or info on the T-1498 gauge? I just got a Gorton 375-3 and also need the gauge. Thanks, John

Gottahavetools: Just Google a description complete with model name and numbers and find a good pic. Shouldn't be hard to fabricate one. I have seen several over the years that were shop made. Most used a piece of spring steel or a piece of an old hacksaw blade for the spring (with the teeth removed). Not terribly complicated. Good luck.
JH

I used to own a T%C grinder. The finger is not at all critical. You could file off an eighth of an inch and it would make no difference. Just a springy bit of steel. Hacsaw blade, rake tine, stiffener inside a windshield washer blade; all are spring steel. Cobble up anything and try it.

toolingit345, i would love to have the dimensions as I have a 375 grinder as well and want to make one. Be glad to cover you for cost to help me out. Regards, Tom

Back