What's new
What's new

Wanted: Victor 1640 lathe user manual

clomb

Cast Iron
I just picked up a used 1640 Victor. It is cleaning up nicely. It came with an original parts manual but there is no information on use, care and maintenance. I assume there is a user manual.

Anybody have one to either sell or copy and sell, etc?

Pixman?

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck,

I paid $50 for the one I have right from Machinery Solutions there in Rancho Dominquez CA. It's got an error in it, as it's missing a couple of pages.

I could try scanning it into a PDF, but honestly it's not going to come out nice because it's a paperback binding and I'm not going to break it to scan it. Given the missing pages (which I made them aware of and hopefully they've corrected), I'd suggest you're better-off to try getting an updated one from them.

If you're really desperate, I'll try scanning it.

Ken

Thanks Ken.

I'll call them on Monday. If its no longer available I'll come back to you and plead.

As far as the head, QCGB, carriage and bearing block, what should be used in each of these? Primarily the later 3 as I want to get something in there but don't want to use the wrong lube. Is it just way lube?

Thanks,
Chuck

Thanks,
Chck

Last edited:
Thanks HK. But is it a user manual or a parts manual. I have the parts manual but nothing in there on how to operate or maintain the lathe.

Thanks,
Chuck

This is what the one I got from Machinery Solutions looks like.
2011-01-30_13-12-58_637.jpg
2011-01-30_13-12-45_610.jpg

It appears to have both the operators and parts manuals in one book, but this one has a jump in the operator's manual part of it. It goes from Page 3 right to Page 6. The index is of no help whatsoever. ;)

2011-01-30_13-10-45_837.jpg
2011-01-30_13-11-01_110-1-1.jpg

Chuck

I have a manual for a late 1970's Victor 1600 Series. It is dated Jan 1978 with a serial number 46154. It includes setting up, lubrication, operation and adjustments. Also parts breakdown.

If this is what you are looking for I would be happy to get a copy to you. Just let me know.

Chris

Chrisw,

If you have that manual scanned to a PDF or some other format available, I'd be VERY interested in getting a copy. That serial number you wrote is very close to the 460805 of my dad's machine, and the manual you see in the photos I posted just sucks. No nice way to put it.

Let me know what I'd have to do to get one like yours. :)

Thank you!

Ken

I double that Chrisw. Very much appreciate the offer. I am busy cleaning the lathe right now and would love the user manual. The motor indicates 1979.

Thanks,
Chuck

I would be happy to send via email the PDF that ChrisW so graciously made for us. We should check that you have the older Victor lathe that was made in Taiwan. The manual applies to that lathe not the new one made in China.

Here is a pic of the lathe addressed by the manual:

DSC_3597.jpg

If you give me your email address (PM or here) I will send you the pdf.

Chuck

I would be happy to send via email the PDF that ChrisW so graciously made for us. We should check that you have the older Victor lathe that was made in Taiwan. The manual applies to that lathe not the new one made in China.

Here is a pic of the lathe addressed by the manual:

View attachment 35238

If you give me your email address (PM or here) I will send you the pdf.

Chuck
I have the unit made in Taiwan probably in the 80's. I'd appreciate any info that anyone might have as I got nothing with the lathe. My email is [email protected]. Thankyou for your kind consideration!

Back