What's new
What's new

Warning- Nicholas Schneider in Vancover Washington is a THIEF

MARK07747

Cast Iron
I put a post on this forum looking for a large bore lathe chuck and I was contacted directly by phone and e-mail by a Nicholas Schneider in Vancover Washington. He sent me pics by phone of the exact chuck and backplate that I needed. He wanted to be paid using Zete- a site that wanted my personal banking info. I told him that I would send a money order instead. When I could not get through to him for a day or two I sent a business check instead figuring I could always cancel if I had his info wrong. He called to complain that he got a check instead of a money order. He deposited it in his Chase Bank account. Ever since then he does not return calls or e-mails. My police department has been in touch with his local detectives but the coward is hiding and his mother is covering for him.

Has enough time passed for the item to be sent to your location ? perhaps two weeks..
Calling a person a thief is not good..even thought perhaps he is one..
Good luck..

Ref thread: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...portland-355960/?highlight=Nicholas+Schneider

I bought a pair of Ice Skates for a fellow in Vancover a few years ago and never got them..off Ebay, might be the same guy..?

Very hard to prosecute a person so far away.. crooks know that.

It has been at least 3 months with many phone calls and e-mails ignored. He was reachable and friendly until he got paid. Then he called and was pushy and arrogant complaining that I was supposed to send a money order and not a check. I told him to give it time to clear- He did deposit my check and it has cleared months ago. When I tried contacting him to send a truck to pick it up he was not longer reachable. Since my money was clearly stolen, it is important to warn others so that they do not fall victim. My local police detective called Vancover detectives and that they found his mother but he is hiding from them and not returning any calls. This is not a case of a unhappy customer complaining about a purchase. My money was stolen by Nicholas Schneider- check past posts on this site and you will find a fella in Canada that also was ripped off by him.

What is wrong with calling a thief a thief? It isn't slander if it is true. Without searching that guy's name rings a bell of having a bad history here of not following through on sales.

Just good to give all the chances for odd problems before calling such a name..but with reading the original thread it sure looks like he is one..and the name deserved...

Shame to loose $300. Crook likely only deals with people far away..I know guys who would drive 500 miles to punch such a guy in the nose.

Go knock on his door. That will get his attention.
And don’t piss and moan about being in NJ. He stole from you and needs to be held accountable.

Another scam Hire a thug.com

Send these guys your money and they just pocket your money with no results.

But I did know a guy who did hire a real thug to smack a guy who protested being shorted in his final pay check..
Owner said come Saturday and we will talk about..

What you got beat up?..I'm sorry that happened..and sorry I could not make it Saturday to see you.

Yes the guy/shop owner was himself a tough guy. He owned a name brand tool shop some of you would know the name...Now past away for perhaps 10 years or more.

Might be time for a minimum # of posts before you can sell. What say the group?

Sounds good, too many people using this as free Ebay without contributing, then when called out on it a lot of them get mouthy.

Yes, I like the idea of some minimum posts before selling. anywhere between 100 and 500. Selling should be a benefit/convenience for long time posters, not a free ebay for fly by night types.

Limiting posts will not solve the problem. He contacted me about my post directly because I put my phone# in the post. I just put up this post to warn others as I am sure that I was not a isolated incident. I am sure that he will get his due in due time...

IMO 25 is too low a bar. Are you here to sell or participate? I would think 100 is not too high, and I don't think high enough. This isn't too much to ask for the honour of selling here. Most sales here require some trust, since the buyer pretty much has to pay up front and hope the seller will do their part.

Yes the guy/shop owner was himself a tough guy. He owned a name brand tool shop some of you would know the name...Now past away for perhaps 10 years or more.
You be from deetroit, might remember this :

There was a shop there, Acme Gear or Atlas Gear, something like that. Sold a tester to a shop in LA. Never came, never came so when the LA shop owner was near Detroit for another reason, he figured he'd drop by.

Never heard from him again.

Wife called the cops after a day, they went over after a week, found body parts in fifty gallon drums around the property. Atlas/Acme Gear guy had been a butcher. Killed the complainer and was in the process of disposing body parts when the cops showed up.

If'n I went on a collection visit, I'd be armed :)

Setting a minimum post count would help but as added insurance i would suggest at least 3 months membership or more. A motivated seller could generate the minimum post in short order. Hodge

Back