Warning- Nicholas Schneider in Vancover Washington is a THIEF - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    A guy dies over a frickin' chainsaw? Stupid all around. Way to make things worse, guys.

Kill everybody who ever thieved, most of us would be dead.
    The way I read the article, they shot him because he pulled a gun on them and tried to rob them.

Not because of a chainsaw.

2. Likes Newman109 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know if there is any real fix to keep crooks from taking advantage of members, it seems most web deals are dicey no matter what.
    I do know that I have both bought and sold here and 99.9% of the time have had positive experiences. It's funny the one that still is the most memorable is the guy that sold the same lot of end mills to another member and myself and never delivered to either of us after getting paid. I lost part of my money because it was in my paypal account but the portion that was paid by credit card was refunded so not a lot of money in the big picture.
    I do hope that there is one positive thing that came from this; after we called him out in a post he has not returned to get anyone else. For this reason if nothing else I have to agree that there's nothing wrong with calling a guy a thief if he is one.
    Dan

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny VanVoorn View Post
    I don't know if there is any real fix to keep crooks from taking advantage of members, it seems most web deals are dicey no matter what.
    I do know that I have both bought and sold here and 99.9% of the time have had positive experiences. It's funny the one that still is the most memorable is the guy that sold the same lot of end mills to another member and myself and never delivered to either of us after getting paid. I lost part of my money because it was in my paypal account but the portion that was paid by credit card was refunded so not a lot of money in the big picture.
    I do hope that there is one positive thing that came from this; after we called him out in a post he has not returned to get anyone else. For this reason if nothing else I have to agree that there's nothing wrong with calling a guy a thief if he is one.
    Dan
    "Identifying as problematic" may be the more just first-start. More than a few members have had disabling health issues beyond their expectation or immediate control. Some have suffered the ravages of time as to memory. Ultimately, ALL of us will fail to "get out of this life alive", and that passes to an executor to sort as best they can, be there clear evidence as-had, or lacking altogether.

This case? The OP seems to have "done his homework" as to seeking redress, even if he took a purchase risk others might not have taken-on at all.

Ergo I'm not one expecting the "accused" to show-up with a defense. OR make-good on the deal.

But those things HAVE happened, too, as PM is just as open a forum to explanation and resolution of issues as it is to condemnation.

IOW - "fair" as such things seem to get, anyway, and not as if there were unchallenged and arbitrary character-lynchings afoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didn't even get through the first page, but, I have no problem visiting these scumbags in person. I'm a member of machining, snowmobile, dirtbike, atv, and jet ski sites. I've never fucked anyone over (made a few sales here, on this site) on any deal, and yet people have attempted to get over on me (on many sites, not here).
    I have no issue traveling to prove a point. Sure you can fuck me, but I'll fuck you harder.

Insert keyboard cowboy comments here, but, fuck me over, and I promise you'll meet me in person.

On a different note, never send a check. EVER. You have no recourse. EVER.
    Paypal or c.c., or some other accredited payment form, with recourse for the buyer.
    If you were buying from me, in person, cash or certified check. That's it.
    Sorry you got fucked over. Go visit this scumbag. The local ace hardware sells 24" pipe wrenches for a few bucks, if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Minimum post count won’t fix it. There should be a seller/buyer rating in the forum. Buyer beware with a low post count member or someone that just joined to sell stuff.

When it comes to dealing will people that might seem shady....
    I pay with a postal money order and make it clear, using it is for their protection and mine. If I don’t get what I paid for, it’s mail fraud and the Fed’s will get involved. I have no idea if they will get involved or not but it scared three sellers enough they canceled the sale.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    Minimum post count won’t fix it. There should be a seller/buyer rating in the forum.
    Well, no, not really. That's an untenable overhead cost for PM - trading "treasures" is only a minor part of it's rice-bowl.

PM ain't Ebay nor Craiglist, either one, and THEY struggle to keep redress available and decent credibility attached to ratings for FAR more active players.

When it comes to dealing will people that might seem shady....
    I pay with a postal money order and make it clear, using it is for their protection and mine. If I don’t get what I paid for, it’s mail fraud and the Fed’s will get involved. I have no idea if they will get involved or not but it scared three sellers enough they canceled the sale.
    I'd call that "fortuitous accident", or "symptom, not the disease" rather than a reliable method.

I hardly EVER "sell" anything, but a personal check or a bank check is good enough for a HOUSE, it's good enough for anything less. Else just go find yerself some other source. A money order is merely an administrative pain in the arse, and those are already in surplus, most days.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A minimum post count will not solve all problems but it would let the would be buyer get to know the seller a bit better. Don't set the bar too low, this isn't Ebay, selling is secondary.

9. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A guy dies over a frickin' chainsaw? Stupid all around. Way to make things worse, guys.

Kill everybody who ever thieved, most of us would be dead.
    neil i don't think you read the article fully nor understood it fully the perp died because he was pointing a weapon at the 2 officers... easy to understand....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider845 View Post
    I didn't even get through the first page, but, I have no problem visiting these scumbags in person. I'm a member of machining, snowmobile, dirtbike, atv, and jet ski sites. I've never fucked anyone over (made a few sales here, on this site) on any deal, and yet people have attempted to get over on me (on many sites, not here).
    I have no issue traveling to prove a point. Sure you can fuck me, but I'll fuck you harder.

Insert keyboard cowboy comments here, but, fuck me over, and I promise you'll meet me in person.

On a different note, never send a check. EVER. You have no recourse. EVER.
    Paypal or c.c., or some other accredited payment form, with recourse for the buyer.
    If you were buying from me, in person, cash or certified check. That's it.
    Sorry you got fucked over. Go visit this scumbag. The local ace hardware sells 24" pipe wrenches for a few bucks, if needed.

plus you can hang it up on the wall when you get home GGGG.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a fan of the " Trader Rating " idea where all transactions and participants are rated by each other and the results are available for all to see. This may not be perfect but you at least get to see some trader history before you proceed with a transaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by awander View Post
    The way I read the article, they shot him because he pulled a gun on them and tried to rob them.

Not because of a chainsaw.
    Yes, but only partly true. The chainsaw started it and was the cause. It was the cops that set up the sting operation (escalation). They did this in their van and not in the parking lot (escalation, needless risk). They could have saved a life by just handing over their wallets. Arrest Keith Hawley later. Would've reduced the danger for everyone. Instead, they cowboyed up, escalated again and blew him away. Yes, he escalated, too, but it's the cops job to de-escalate. Did you notice that they shot him so many times that the coroner (their professional buddy) refused to say how many? They went way beyond immobilizing Keith Hawley.

Quote Originally Posted by batw View Post
    neil i don't think you read the article fully nor understood it fully the perp died because he was pointing a weapon at the 2 officers... easy to understand....
    I did read it. Watched the video, too. You're right, easy to understand, nothing unusual about it. But, notice that the story was very short and information was withheld from the reporter. That doesn't pass the smell test. And now the PA State police are investigating (themselves). How do you think that will turn out? (Hint: They control the evidence, the narrative, and are professional friends with the associated support pros.) Prob about the same as The Ahnold investigating himself for groping.

We need cops in this country to defuse situations, not escalate them. They probably shot Keith Hawley because they were scared and they thought they could get away with it. And they probably will.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They could have saved a life by just handing over their wallets.
    I'd heard a rumour Vermont had gone collectively insane.

Didn't want to believe it just off the back of Bernie wotsisname and CalG.

Guess I was wrong?
    Last edited by thermite; 12-24-2018 at 06:56 AM.

15. Likes digger doug, Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

likely the cops said "put your hands in the air", or "drop the gun" in a rude way and that ticked off the nice fellow.
    They could have smiled politely and said please..

If Cops did not have guns they would stay out of situations where they might shoot someone.

If cops had single shot guns or rubber bullets fewer crooks would be killed.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    If cops had single shot guns or rubber bullets fewer crooks would be killed.
    LOL! My Remington 1100 12-bore has a fancier stock and smaller magazine than what many law-enforcement folk carry. Serious RELIABLE tool, either way, though.

And I'll gar-ron-tee even a "single shot" of #1, #0, #00 "buck" or an SSG is not all that likely to merely "subdue" some idiot sociopath hard-wired in the shoot-em-up attitude at the ranges as prevail inside even a long-ass Mayflower MOVING van!

Mind, the size of the team DID seem excessive. PA does tend to blow away more money than criminals.

Only takes less affluent states ONE State Police trooper to solve the problem of some armed-up waste of protein needs shooting for resisting arrest, attempting to flee, stealing Oxygen - wotever.

"One Riot. One Ranger". (banned prize fight, actually..). Now there's one Virginian's legacy inspiration for efficient use of taxpayer's funds, "warts and all" yah?

Anyone thinks the PA State Troopers were out of bounds should actually look at the darker side of the history of the Texas Rangers, and be grateful things just ain't that way, any more, anywhere in America.

Habitual criminal wants his ass KISSED?

He shudda tried a hoorhouse, paid cash up-front, then minded his damned manners, even so. Or so the older kids say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=thermite;3283893]
    Only takes less affluent states ONE State Police trooper to solve the problem of some armed-up waste of protein needs shooting for resisting arrest, attempting to flee, stealing Oxygen - wotever.

Why don't they shoot the folks who REALLY need shooting?

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs | World news | The Guardian

Six TONS of cocaine. In a DC9.

And you want to shoot ONE guy with a burned-out taillight. Sigh.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Why don't they shoot the folks who REALLY need shooting?

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs | World news | The Guardian

Six TONS of cocaine. In a DC9.

And you want to shoot ONE guy with a burned-out taillight. Sigh.
    Not I. But maybe "some day over a jar" I could share the amusing 3/4 inch thick file that helped take down Chase when they pissed-me off and I started asking sharp-pointy questions of their soon-to-be EX Chairman as led to their remains being folded in with JP Morgan?

F**kers PANICED and settled an unrelated package for fifty-cents on the dollar in a gawdawful RUSH just to get me TF out of their database? THAT was cause to ask the Folderal Hooverment acquaintances if that behaviour seemed "customary and ordinary" for a proper banker.

Turned out it was NOT "normal", of course.

Treasury and other Feds were already TWO full years into digging away at the same sort of s**te I had twigged to by the time I had hit the ONE year mark.

But tell us, where TF can we FIND enforcement folks and leaders, then-also worker-bees and other staff who are themselves clean of the stink and influence of drugs and "drug money"?

Which is another story. And then HSBC. And Barclays Brothers. And Coutts, and....

"Some day over a jar".

Most of the rascals I knew or knew OF are DEAD already. Of old age. Sadly!

There's a fresh krew at the various helms and levers and engine telegraphs, long since. Harder to catch. If anyone is even still trying.

I don't see that they are trying at all. Just competing factions of looters warring amongst themselves and periodically fining each OTHER.

Hooverments, Local, State, and National, AMONG those fractious criminal gangs, just in case you missed the bleeding OBVIOUS.

Shoot every drug-user on-planet, even "casual"?

Before you note there really is not a lot of downside to that, inefficient fuckwits as they are, stop and think, 'coz actually there are a few:

The REAL bastards would simply falsely ID the clean and/or any sort of obectionists or competitors as druggies to get rid of them.

See the Filipino terror.

And then?

Further criminalize the cremation, factory-rebuilt body-parts trade, and even cut-and-cover landfill mass-grave biz.

See North Korea. Or even China

No easy answers. Just have to be patient whilst they drug-rot themselves clear outta the gene-pool. Wot? Another twelve thousand years or so, based on evidence to-date? BFD. A mere blink of an eye by SOME metrics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Liberals have gone insane, now we have people upset because cops shot someone trying to commit armed robbery. I honestly think some people post crap just to get a reaction, they can't be serious.

21. Likes MetalCarnage, James H Clark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Dualkit;3283948]Liberals have gone insane, now we have people upset because cops shot someone trying to commit armed robbery.

No. Liberals are VERY sane. One guy with a gun steals 100 dollars, or an entire industry is moving mexican drug money around to the
    tune of BILLIONS of dollars.

Shoot some bankers first please. Then go after the hundred dollar guy. Or, try to find 100 million guys with a guns, and shoot them all.
    Good luck with that one.

23. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You ladies do know this thread is about one single scumbag, right? You know, the o.p. is just informing you of a thief.

Pretty sure the AARP has meetings with activities and stuff... Plenty to keep you occupied, and cookies too!!!! (probably low sugar and gluten free)

25. Likes MARK07747 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider845 View Post
    Pretty sure the AARP has meetings with activities and stuff... Plenty to keep you occupied, and cookies too!!!! (probably low sugar and gluten free)
    Don't diss cookies! I joined this site because they have them too, just ask my computer...