What's new
What's new

Wohlhaupter UPA3

sneebot

Stainless
For Sale:
Wohlhaupter UPA3 Boring and Facing head
This unit is as new with no apparent wear. This is a removable shank version and it comes with an(also as new) R8 shank. Also included are a few tools as shown. English graduations and a 0.0001" vernier.

$700 shipped.

20200802_152011.jpg20200802_152126.jpg20200802_152155.jpg20200802_151926.jpg20200802_151857.jpg

I need to find a 40 taper shank for it now?

Hey Kevin,

I was considering buying that boring head, and I was looking on eBay for a shank. Shars has a CAT40 shank for boring head and there is also a BT40 from another seller. Both around $32. If you want the links, send me an email.

That UPA3 uses a differential screw right? You would just need to get rid of the threaded part and turn or mill a recess, and then two other smaller recess for the dogs in the top of the head to register into. Then you just need to drill through and thread M16x2 if my memory serves me well.

I have been dealing recently with older models of UPA3 and a Japanese copy by Kuroda. I had to take them apart and reassemble. So I am now better versed in the UPA3 than I have ever been or possibly will ever be!

Good luck with yours

Jacques

Hey Kevin,

I was considering buying that boring head, and I was looking on eBay for a shank. Shars has a CAT40 shank for boring head and there is also a BT40 from another seller. Both around $32. If you want the links, send me an email.

That UPA3 uses a differential screw right? You would just need to get rid of the threaded part and turn or mill a recess, and then two other smaller recess for the dogs in the top of the head to register into. Then you just need to drill through and thread M16x2 if my memory serves me well.

I have been dealing recently with older models of UPA3 and a Japanese copy by Kuroda. I had to take them apart and reassemble. So I am now better versed in the UPA3 than I have ever been or possibly will ever be!

Good luck with yours

Jacques

Thanks Jacques for the info!

I guess I should have looked at my other Wally, it has a 40 taper that fits my FP4M? It sucks getting old!

Kevin

Back