What's new
What's new

WTB 10"x10" Aluminum bar stock

Frank.H

Aluminum
Anyone have some big aluminum they want to unload, or an idea who may? I need 24" of 10" square bar, 6061 due to cost but 2024 or 7075 would work just fine too if someone is feeling generous.

The closest I can find is 12"x12" from Speedy Metals but it's about $20/lb on their website, maybe half that if I call? But still 44% extra to throw away, especially since I'm an idiot and may scrap the first part.

Alro has 9"x9"x24" for $6/lb or a 7' stick for $4/lb, but it's about ~0.100" too small in 1 direction.

I don't need a mill run, but I could be talked into a whole stick for a reasonable price if I had to.

Anyone have some big aluminum they want to unload, or an idea who may? I need 24" of 10" square bar, 6061 due to cost but 2024 or 7075 would work just fine too if someone is feeling generous.

The closest I can find is 12"x12" from Speedy Metals but it's about $20/lb on their website, maybe half that if I call? But still a lot of extra to throw away, especially since I'm an idiot and may scrap the first part.

Alro has 9"x9"x24" for $6/lb or a 7' stick for $4/lb, but it's about ~0.100" too small in 1 direction.

I don't need a mill run, but I could be talked into a whole stick for a reasonable price if I had to.

Wrecking the first part don't make you an idiot, just human, Have you tries getting some cut from plate, perhaps a plate drop?

Funny where you are, I found a plate drop in Idaho that's not the same size but could just barely, barely, maybe work. It disappeared before I got ahold of it.

Wrecking the first part don't make you an idiot, just human, Have you tries getting some cut from plate, perhaps a plate drop?

Exactly. Many SerCenters don't carry that thick a plate, but some do, including Yarde Metals.

I got a quote from them recently for 6061-T6 cubes over 10" thick, came to around $5.45/lb.

Just get your blocks cut to size and save yourself a lot of headache.

Midwest steel and aluminum in Minnesota I’d say that is about 650.00 worth. About 240 pounds I think 2.50 a pound
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Guys! I forgot about Yarde, it looks like they have some drops that will work. I'll check out Midwest as well. Appreciate everyone's help.

Frank......PM sent earlier. I can definitely help you with your needs & the price will be much less than you'll pay at any of the other places suggested above.

Well, if you're a legit vendor, tell us more about yourself.

Milland.....I'm not a "vendor". Just someone who has a large pile of drops sitting around that are right in the size range Frank is looking for. Since he is having a hard time finding what he needs I am willing to help him out. Price is considerably less than prices listed by most of the online metals companies. Not looking to retire off of the sale.....just cover my cost & help him out in the process. Win-Win

Milland.....I'm not a "vendor". Just someone who has a large pile of drops sitting around that are right in the size range Frank is looking for. Since he is having a hard time finding what he needs I am willing to help him out. Price is considerably less than prices listed by most of the online metals companies. Not looking to retire off of the sale.....just cover my cost & help him out in the process. Win-Win

OK. Price of scrap solids is pretty crap, so it's understandable you'd look for other options.

Take a couple pics of the pile and post them in the For Sale forum, you may get some bites. Representative prices and if any certs are available (properly tracked to the stock) would help too.

OK. Price of scrap solids is pretty crap, so it's understandable you'd look for other options.

Take a couple pics of the pile and post them in the For Sale forum, you may get some bites. Representative prices and if any certs are available (properly tracked to the stock) would help too.

Yep that is what I would do if I ever decided to post them for sale. At this point I don't have any desire to do that, as I use these pieces almost daily. I was simply trying to help Frank out because he was having a hard time finding material & at a decent cost. Since I have so many drops sitting here I figured I would offer one (or however many he needed) to help him out.

Back