What's new
What's new

WTB 16” Pratt & Whitney Model “C” Relieving Attachment

Hobby Shop

Stainless
I know this is a long shot but if somebody has one stashed away or can point me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it. I’m not picky, I’d take a complete machine too.

Thanks,
Andy

I have yet to see one intact. The owners seldom have any idea what they have and the many loose pieces are pitched and the assembly too much trouble to take of the machine is all that is left

This is only complicated by having THREE different R/As - Radial, Spiral and Side

I have yet to see one intact. The owners seldom have any idea what they have and the many loose pieces are pitched and the assembly too much trouble to take of the machine is all that is left

This is only complicated by having THREE different R/As - Radial, Spiral and Side

I’d prefer the radial attachment. I have a start, I had an offer accepted for the P&W 16” R/A. change gears & cams on eBay a few months ago. According to the manual you sent me (thanks again), it’s a complete set for all 3 R/A.

I know this stuff is out there but trying to find it can make a guy go :nutter:.
It took me a few years of looking but I was able to find every attachment made for my K&T 2CHL.

I was able to find every attachment made for my K&T 2CHL.

Costly exercise, and sore time and resource consuming, that can be.

Chinese Emperors used to do that sort of thing.

Whole cities with an army of support staff had to be built to house and feed the attachments and their byproducts, even if many were mounted but the one time, each, or even not at all.

Wonder if that's why my Cantonese wife looks at my Old Iron zoo so oddly?

Costly exercise, and sore time and resource consuming, that can be.

Chinese Emperors used to do that sort of thing.

Whole cities with an army of support staff had to be built to house and feed the attachments and their byproducts, even if many were mounted but the one time, each, or even not at all.

Wonder if that's why my Cantonese wife looks at my Old Iron zoo so oddly?

That was the way it was done a long time ago but not anymore. You’re 10^10 better at computers than me. I can barely make PM work.:willy_nilly: A saved search with email and text notifications makes looking for parts simple. As for being costly, that’s something entirely different. The parts are always worth more than the whole and that goes for anything.

There was a whole complete for sale in PA several months ago. Don't know what happened to it. There wasn't much interest cause it was old…

Back