What's new
What's new

WTB 24" gratite surface plate. L.A.

Grimblina

Plastic
Im attempting to scrape in a Clausing 8520. Im looking for a 24" Granite surface plate within driving distance from the New Orleans area.
Im also looking to buy a straight edge casting.

Last edited:
Looked it up- 24” x 6” table. Would suggest slightly larger surface plate such as a 24x36 for room for height gages etc. as well as table, knee, column.

Both Denis Foster’s 26” prism and Richard King’s HKA36 would work well for your project.

Have fun!

L7

I have 2 types of camelbacks for 12", 18", 24", 36", 48", 60" and 72". The HK series is without a 45 deg. angle, used on lathe beds and the HKA series are with a 45 deg angle used on milling machines with dovetails. I have a few used prisms too. What size SE are you looking for? I see on Facebook Market Place several used granite plates. Facebook has taken over for Craigslist it seems. You can email me for more info: [email protected]

I see on eBay there is a used 24 x 36" plate in Walker LA....for $300.00 MOJAVE GRANITE PLATE 24 X 36 X 4.5 | eBay

I have 2 types of camelbacks for 12", 18", 24", 36", 48", 60" and 72". The HK series is without a 45 deg. angle, used on lathe beds and the HKA series are with a 45 deg angle used on milling machines with dovetails. I have a few used prisms too. What size SE are you looking for? I see on Facebook Market Place several used granite plates. Facebook has taken over for Craigslist it seems. You can email me for more info: [email protected]

I see on eBay there is a used 24 x 36" plate in Walker LA....for $300.00 MOJAVE GRANITE PLATE 24 X 36 X 4.5 | eBay

the bed on my mill is 24" I could probably get away with a 12" or 18" SE but I may want a 24" or larger to rebuild a proper bridgport if I manage to get one. Im trying to do this on the cheap though. E-mail'd you about the Prisms.

Back