29/64
31/64
33/64
35/64
37/64
19/32
39/64
5/8

Also interested in square and hex collets.

Standard 3C collets sizes go up to 1/2" and that's the max size that will allow material to be "passed through". Hardinge did or does also make a 9/16" 3C that has a shouldered I. D., and so limited.
I've never seen any fractional sizes between 1/2" and 9/16" either, although I don't claim to have seen everything. Anything over 9/16 would be doubtful as the body of the 3C is only about .650 O. D.

I have a great many 3C collets and some machines that use them. I do have some Hardinge 3C collets with order holes larger than 1/2", including some of the 64th sizes. Probably no spares for sale, though.

Hardinge made some collets stamped 3CX that have an oversize front of the body that allows an order hole of up to 5/8" or so, but I have never found a machine or fixture that these collets will fit. The front of the spindle would have to be bored oversize a way back from the nose taper. Just to confuse the issue, I have a second Hardinge 3CX collet with 5/8" order hole that has a normal body. The 5/8" hole only extends back from the nose as far as the conical portion of the collet allows sufficient material thickness. The 3CX 5/8" collet with the stepped body has a much deeper 5/8" diameter hole.

Clement made 10 mm collets and Schaublin made W25 collets with similar partially oversize bodies and I do have Clement lathes and a Schaublin 102 capstan tailstock that those oversize collets fit.

Here is a picture of one of my Hardinge 3CX collets with the stepped body.

Larry

Hardinge 3CX collet.jpg

Last edited:
I have atleast a 3/8 and a 9/16, possibly more(came in auction lots) what these go to anyways?

Back