What's new
What's new

WTB: 3MT drills 1" or over

metalmagpie

Titanium
Looking for big no. 3 Morse taper drills, 1" or larger. Not ones that have been sharpened down several inches; more or less original length preferred.

metalmagpie

I have a Hout Drill index with sixteen 3MT bits from 49/64" to 1".
All are USA made, most are unused, a couple with a touch of rust on the taper.
The set has some weight to it...shipping could be a factor.

Joe

I have a Hout Drill index with sixteen 3MT bits from 49/64" to 1".
All are USA made, most are unused, a couple with a touch of rust on the taper.
The set has some weight to it...shipping could be a factor.

Joe

PM sent, Joe, thanks.

metalmagpie

I am still looking for the following drills in no. 3 Morse taper shank:

1 1/64
1 1/32
1 3/64
1 1/16
1 5/64
1 3/32
1 7/64
1 1/8

metalmagpie

I'm astonished nobody is availing themselves of the chance to unload their 3MT drills over 1" - at any rate, I'm still looking, thanks.

metalmagpie

The product we use is Allied Machine TA bodies and blades. The cost is much cheaper and they drill way better. Solid drills over 3/8" have become a thing of the past in our shop.

The product we use is Allied Machine TA bodies and blades. The cost is much cheaper and they drill way better. Solid drills over 3/8" have become a thing of the past in our shop.

Exactly! Things of the past .. I have resurrected an old camelback drill press and now I'm looking for old tooling for this old drill press.

Bored? Isolated by the pandemic? Tired of watching endless droning on about the election? Why not go through your boxes of drill bits and pick out the 3 Morse taper drills larger than 1" and sell them to me?

metalmagpie

Bored? Isolated by the pandemic? Tired of watching endless droning on about the election? Why not go through your boxes of drill bits and pick out the 3 Morse taper drills larger than 1" and sell them to me?

metalmagpie

I'm thinking that 3mt is a wee bit small for those sizes.

Doo you see them listed anywhere ?

I've only seen 1" max. for 3-mt.

You commented that MT3 was small for drills over 1".

You asked a question, "do you see them listed anywhere?"
I posted a link showing them.

Then you made a stupid statement - "telling me to sell him some"

Back