What's new
What's new

WTB: 7/8-14 x 3" socket head set screw

Peroni

Cast Iron
I need 2 of these but all I'm finding is bulk quantities. Can anyone help me out with a pair of these set screws? They can be longer than 3" but no shorter.

There is a local hardware store near me, I will stop by there tomorrow and look. They have a lot of oddball stuff on the shelves.

I need 2 of these but all I'm finding is bulk quantities. Can anyone help me out with a pair of these set screws? They can be longer than 3" but no shorter.

Just called Surburan bolt (Detroit area)and they think they have perhaps 6 dog point 7/8-14.'
They are going to call me back.

Buck

They have 2 (cup point) at $8.27 each..plus postage I don't know what postage might be guessing $6.oo
so likely about $24 to your addrss.

Last edited:
Just called Surburan bolt (Detroit area)and they think they have perhaps 6 dog point 7/8-14.'
They are going to call me back.

Buck

They have 2 (cup point) at $8.27 each..plus postage I don't know what postage might be guessing $6.oo
so likely about $24 to your addrss.

I contacted them and was advised they had the dog points only, and the dog point was sized too small for the mod I need to do on that end. But I thank you very much for taking the time to call them and post here. Should add that these need not be in new unused condition either.

you mite try this place here they have lots of new old stock

K-Surplus Sales Inc
1403 Cleveland Ave, National City, CA 91950 ·[san diego , ca. ]
(619) 474-6177
ksurplus.com

Seems to me if you really need them and a customer is paying the bill then the ones offered by McMaster would certainly get the job done. Items made in Taiwan are well made, on spec and akin the 'made in the USA' items.

How bad can you fuck up a SHSS?

Stuart

I contacted them and was advised they had the dog points only, and the dog point was sized too small for the mod I need to do on that end. But I thank you very much for taking the time to call them and post here. Should add that these need not be in new unused condition either.

Can you not modify the end to suit your needs?

Seems to me if you really need them and a customer is paying the bill then the ones offered by McMaster would certainly get the job done. Items made in Taiwan are well made, on spec and akin the 'made in the USA' items.

How bad can you fuck up a SHSS?

Stuart
Don't say that, They might take it as a challenge.

I could be showing my age, but anything from Taiwan was always on par with Japanese stuff..very precise and accurate...meaning, Taiwan is not to be confused with China and some of the funky junk they build and send our way(which we usually ask for)!

No need to capitalize a word following a comma, unless it's a proper noun.:)

Stuart

I could be showing my age, but anything from Taiwan was always on par with Japanese stuff..very precise and accurate...meaning, Taiwan is not to be confused with China and some of the funky junk they build and send our way(which we usually ask for)!

Normally I would agree however 2 months ago I purchased 200 7/16-14 socked head cap screws from McMaster all made in Taiwan. At least 80% failed before ever reaching 2/3 of the maximum torque value for fastener size and grade. Replaced with Holo-Krome and had zero failures. So I'm a bit shy on fasteners from Taiwan at the moment.

I have finally found a pair of 7/8-14 set screws! A place that deals in vintage fasteners had two in a random box. Thank you everyone who took the time to look around for these for me!

I have finally found a pair of 7/8-14 set screws! A place that deals in vintage fasteners had two in a random box. Thank you everyone who took the time to look around for these for me!
How doo you know the manuf on these ?

Normally I would agree however 2 months ago I purchased 200 7/16-14 socked head cap screws from McMaster all made in Taiwan. At least 80% failed before ever reaching 2/3 of the maximum torque value for fastener size and grade. Replaced with Holo-Krome and had zero failures. So I'm a bit shy on fasteners from Taiwan at the moment.

Mind posting the company details? I'd like to see what range of fasteners they have.

Back