What's new
What's new

WTB - 8" Independent Four Jaw Chuck

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
Looking for a four jaw chuck approximately 8" in diameter. It will not be going on a lathe, so one of the thinner ones like used to be used with dividing heads would be as good.

Bonus points if it has two piece jaws.

This is basic workholding, so I don't care if it is ugly. But I do care if it is functional. Averse to sloppy.

Wotcha got?

PM or email through the forum's email function are fastest. Thank you.

Lazz,

Thank for looking! I appreciate it. Can you possibly grab a picture from the back? My initial knee jerk was that it is too small. ( was thinking 8"/7"/6" for sizes ) However, if I can bore it out to 2.125" and still have enough meat remaining, it might be workable. The price is certainly right. :D :cool: Thank you, Sir.

Nope, that chuck can not be bored to 2 1/8"
I do have a 12" 3 jaw.... could you do something with that?
Say $100 shipped?

Who knows why but I couldnt upload pictures... thumbnails yes but not regular pictures...

The 4 jaw to the right of the 12" 3 jaw might be for sale.... but Im real attached to it.....

Pictures

Attachments

• DSCN0087_742.jpg
    DSCN0087_742.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN0086_741.jpg
    DSCN0086_741.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 71
I may have one; its rusty and will need cleanup (I rescued it off a scrap machine at the scrappers) I want to say it's a name brand, maybe Bison, D-series mount... can't recall if it's an 8" or 10", I'll have to check next time I'm at the shop.

pm sent on the skinner is zahnrad does take it

It's all yours if you want it. It will not fit our needs on this one. Lazz is fantastic to deal with, so have fun.

I may have one; its rusty and will need cleanup (I rescued it off a scrap machine at the scrappers) I want to say it's a name brand, maybe Bison, D-series mount... can't recall if it's an 8" or 10", I'll have to check next time I'm at the shop.

Don't care if it's rusty. An overnight stay in evaporust will take care of that. As long as I can grind the jaws true, it's good. Also do not care about the back. This will be installed upon a flat back. On a table basically. So, if you need the back for something else, have at it. Let me know, as I am thinking to simply order a round of Cast Iron, mill some slots, drill some holes, grind the faces, and steal the jaws, screws, and retainers from another 4 jaw to get this done.

Thanks.

How about a 5 1/2" crusty skinner with reversible jaws....
It seriously need cleaning...

Would $60 shipped do the trick?

View attachment 266824View attachment 266825

Thank you for the interest folks....
The prefect lathe to fit that 4 jaw followed me home..
The 4 jaw is spoken for ... there is a 12" 3 jaw Ill make someone a deal...

Soon I will be playing with a Myford.... Its so weird...

My plans have changed, as well.

I should have bought that chuck from you when I had the chance. Now, we are looking for any Independent Four Jaw chuck between 6" and 10". Prefer to have two piece jaws, but am open to reversible jaws. Positively do NOT care about the condition of the chuck body. It will be scrapped. All I care about is having the jaws, screws, and thrust bearing plates. ( and the thrust bearing plates are completely negotiable, too )

In fact, if someone happens to have four master jaws and screws for sale, I'd be interested.

Wotcha got?

Back