What's new
What's new

WTB Aloris Wedge Style Tool Post CA Size

Tom,

I have a mint condition Dorian QC post, p/n SDN35CXA, with 3 toolholders: straight tool, boring tool, and cutoff. This should fit a 14-17" swing lathe.
PM me with an email addy and I'll send some pics.

Tom,I have an Aloris CA toolpost with 1 open face Aloris holder.There is no T-nut or clamp bolt.They are in excellant condition.I will take $200.00 plus shipping.I think they will ship flat rate by USPS for about $10.00.Give me a call at 1-931-762-1686 days untill about 1:30 or anytime weekend.Thanks,Randall.

His IS a CXA. No difference in capacity.

From Aloris Web page

AXA Lathe Swings 0 - 12"
BXA Lathe Swings 10" - 15"
CXA Lathe Swings 13" - 18"
CA Lathe Swings 14" - 20"
DA Lathe Swings 17" - 48"

CXA may very well work, but based on the chart that's why I asked for a CA

Tom

From Aloris Web page

AXA Lathe Swings 0 - 12"
BXA Lathe Swings 10" - 15"
CXA Lathe Swings 13" - 18"
CA Lathe Swings 14" - 20"
DA Lathe Swings 17" - 48"

CXA may very well work, but based on the chart that's why I asked for a CA

Tom

My apologies. I thought they accomodated the same swing;) I thought the difference was wedge vs. piston.
Learn something new everyday.
Grant

My apologies. I thought they accomodated the same swing;) I thought the difference was wedge vs. piston.
Learn something new everyday.
Grant

It's true of the 2 smallest, AXA and BXA, different for CA and CXA, and there is no DXA or EXA. No idea why, real confusing to those uninitiated to the Aloris measurement system. :crazy:

Maybe the first AA and BA sizes were piston only and the size jumped to CA which was wedge type, then AXA and BXA came out in wedge type in the B and A sizes, then the CXA came out between the B and CA sizes. Anyone know for sure? That was before my beginning in machining. Historians?

Back