What's new
What's new

WTB Anyone have a large rotary table ?

romie24

Hot Rolled
Hello all
I am looking for a large rotary table. Need to look at swinging a 12' diameter. It will need a motor or motor capable. I'm in Illinois. Thanks mike

I have an eighteen inch one. Not mine to sell. I had an eight or ten inch one but my brother took it to Fla. with him. On the smaller one I would mount square bar stock to extend the reach for odd or over size work. That might help you if you have a ro'tab too small for your work.

I have an eighteen inch one. Not mine to sell. I had an eight or ten inch one but my brother took it to Fla. with him. On the smaller one I would mount square bar stock to extend the reach for odd or over size work. That might help you if you have a ro'tab too small for your work.

Note that the OP said 12' as in 12 feet in diameter. Maybe a type but maybe not. I have seen them that large.

Will it be used for one-off jobs where rotation and stops are variable, or is it more like an indexing table where a geneva drive or similar indexing would be appropriate?

Yes I am looking for 12 foot at least, with indexing capabilities. I have seen a 14 foot one. Still looking. Mike

Note that the OP said 12' as in 12 feet in diameter. Maybe a type but maybe not. I have seen them that large.

Nope, I didn't realize (I read too fast, sometimes) it was 12 foot. I also have at least two blank spots in my vision. Can read a printed sentence and miss some letters in the print. Annoying at best, wrong answer to query can be the result.

Hope you have some good lifting equipment Mike. As a for instance, a 12 foot disc of cast iron 4" thick weighs a little less than 17,000 Lbs

What machine will you set this thing on?

I will be setting it on the floor. I have one crane that can only lift 12,000 but I can get lifting equipment. I am going to use it in turning and drilling if I get the job, otherwise it would make a hell of a conversation piece to sit around and drink. Mike

A big VTL would be great but the thing is what I would be turing would be mostly 1/2 and maybe 3/4 thick plate but then I need it for the indexing and drilling.

make a hell of a conversation piece to sit around and drink. Mike

Hell, put the table, chairs, TV and cooler of beverages right on the table and it will be like goin' to one of them fancy rotating restaurants!

Probably have 'nuff room for a band and a dance floor!

Back