What's new
What's new

WTB-Armstrong #41 Tool Holder

Betnorm

Plastic
I am seeking a Armstrong No 41 tool holder for my shaper. Can anyone help please? Regards to all Norm

Back in '15 I paid almost $70 for a #40, which was the right size for a 13" Sheldon shaper. I'd expect a #41 to be more.

If you could use a #40 let me know.

metalmagpie

Rob F, if the Aussie guy isn’t interested in your larger Armstrong shaper holder, I might be.

Regards,
Lucky7

Rob F, if the Aussie guy isn’t interested in your larger Armstrong shaper holder, I might be.

Regards,
Lucky7

I want to remember the shank being aprox 3/4 wide and 1 3/4 tall. I did a quick look for it to no avail but will look in more places if that size is OK
I think there a few of those monster size tool holders of different styles, need to find them to be sure though.

edit to add:
I found and saw them, the swivel holders are 1 3/8 wide and 2" tall, I think I read #43 on them, I have two complete, different brands? some straight toolholders about that same size and some smaller straights, and some smaller swivel holder bodies (maybe size 41?) but missing tool bit holders.
Also 2 smaller tool posts.

They are all in a crate with a heavy pallet on to of it that is not easy to get to with the forklift. All brown from age/lack of use.

Last edited:
From the Armstrong shaper tool catalog:

39 3/8 x 7/8 x 5-1/2
40 1/2 × 1 × 6
401 5/8 x 1-1/4 x 8-1/2
41 3/4 x 1-1/2 x 10
42 1-1/8 x 1-3/4 x 13
43 1-3/8 × 2 x 16
... et cetera

metalmagpie

These are getting rather hard to find anymore. I was very lucky. When I bought my L&S it came with a tool cabinet that was filled with these tool holders. I have an 18" shaper, so they came in very handy.

Back