What's new
What's new

WTB B&S 10 taper milling arbor

1-1/4 diameter, up to 12" collar to nut. Thanks.

"As far as I know".. from used tooling listing density and such - #10 B&S is in a distant -VERY distant - third place behind #9 and #7 for easy to find.

Suggest that even if you can spend a whole year looking, you will almost certainly have to JF make what you need.

And/or an adapter to utilize a # 9 B&S - far more common in 1 1/2" and below ("I got mine" anyway..).

An adapter to use 40-taper - dirt-common - might also be worthwhile?

In my collection is a 30-taper cut to bear on about 3/4" of my several #9 B&S. Not optimum, but it works for me as it worked for the PO for many years. # 10 B&S, similar trick could work with 40-taper?

As to DIY, fortunately, it's fairly easy turning - especially for "shorty" arbors of the size you seek.

Let me look, but I may have a couple or 3 here. I think one I have is 1.25 arbor and another couple that are an inch .

Read somewhere that member Doozer has a BS10 to r8 for his Gorton 9j. Maybe contact him for info. That would certainly open up endless options.
Regards Z

Background: My recently acquired Van Norman #2 Duplex has a B&S 13 spindle. If you think B&S 10 are rare, try #13. I already have #10 spindles in 7/8 and 1". A 1-1/4 would complete the set. The 2 VN #2's that I know of both came with #13 to VN "C" adapters.

Thanks to all for your responses,
Jeff

Well I won't be able to post pictures until tomorrow, but I do have 3 of them. 1 is a 1-1/4" the other 2 are 1" . They are longer than 12" and set up for a draw bolt. Also found a 12 to 9 B&S sleeve along with some #12 taper tooling.

Back