What's new
What's new

WTB B&S#9 to ER32

jamesegg

Plastic
Looking to buy ER32 chuck holder with a Brown & Sharp #9 taper.
Willing to trade some ZZ collets and chuck for ER type:cheers:

A few years back, I bought a B&S#9 to ER-40 adapter. But, it was a special order, group buy organized through one of the other forums. I don't remember the details, and tried to dig them out last year but I don't think I kept the records - sorry... if I remember right, it was only around $100 or so.

No-one makes them as routine. I'd expect the same is true for ER-32.

Best regards,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don't know of anyplace that has them retail. Best bet is to watch eBay. The quick solution would be be to buy a 3/4 inch straight shank ER32 and use it with a 3/4 collet.

Last edited:
I have a B&S7 ER-32 which is a commercially made product.

You can also get commercially made BS9 to BS7 adapters. There are also BS to MT adapters.

Short of that, maybe you can get a B&S threaded arbor and a threaded adapter?

Steve

I bought my bs9-er32 on eBay for around 100$ about a month ago but it said last one and now is unavailable, your gonna have to frequently check flea-bay and Amazon or find one used. Hopefully some one will see this and help you out

Dans right, I carbide was selling them that’s who made mine. Sold out atm View attachment 289628

Might be worse than just "sold out"?

They dropped the ER-40 listing I had on "watchlist" with a note that there had been an error in the description.

Still using a 3/4" straight-shank. As with SEVERAL of the goods when needed for my B&S 9 holes.

Simply put-by a few extra collets in that size to cover wear, damage, or not as close to true-running as may be sensitive.

Same again a few native 40-taper collets, 3/4" and 1".

None of those are exactly "show stopper" level. Plenty of native B&S and 40-taper goods.

Seldom-used goods.. Chandler-Duplex boring/surfacing heads and such.

Icarbide appears to still be selling BS7 and BS10 er-32 collet chucks.

Besides BS9 to 7 adapters, you can get BS9 to MT3 or MT2 adapters and collet chucks are available for all of those.

Not as precise as having one piece that goes into the spindle, but it might be your only hope unless a used one pops up.

Steve

Icarbide appears to still be selling BS7 and BS10 er-32 collet chucks.

Besides BS9 to 7 adapters, you can get BS9 to MT3 or MT2 adapters and collet chucks are available for all of those.

Not as precise as having one piece that goes into the spindle, but it might be your only hope unless a used one pops up.

Steve

Hope springs infernal.

Straight shank & B&S #9 collet works fine.

There ain't no such animal as a CNC critter with B&S #9 on a tool-changer magazine - it's "all manual".

So.. yah may have to "clock" collet and ER to get countervailing-errors to minimize TIR, (DAMHIKT!) ..but WTF?

The mills as use B&S #9 are not running "HSM" at no 20 thousand revs per, nor ABLE to utilize "dead nuts true" any better in their old age than I am in MY 76th year!

True that I got dead nuts has to be close enuf. But I can still MILL!

:D

Back