What's new
What's new

WTB: Bison or equivalent 5" 3 Jaw chuck

teemfan93

Cast Iron
Have a backplate already ready to go, so really just looking for a plain back chuck. Prefer 2 piece jaws if at all possible.

Thanks

Have a backplate already ready to go, so really just looking for a plain back chuck. Prefer 2 piece jaws if at all possible.

Thanks

It will be a 125mm you seek.

"These days"... I'd call Gator chucks near-as-dammit the same as present-day Bison. Thanks - at least in part - to an ex-Bison guy with a "mission" to match or beat his former employer:

Gator Chucks EA Series Tech-Tru - 3-Jaw and 6-Jaw

Gator Chucks PO Series* - 3-Jaw and 4-jaw

And I'd rate ToS Svitavy as BETTER, TIR-wise:

Self-centering Scroll Chucks

CAVEAT: Above advice from extensive research, and off the back of a very NICE Gator 6-jaw I'm rather please with, value-for-money-wise.

I otherwise have NOTORIOUSLY low tolerance for scroll chucks for my own use!

:)

It will be a 125mm you seek.

"These days"... I'd call Gator chucks near-as-dammit the same as present-day Bison. Thanks - at least in part - to an ex-Bison guy with a "mission" to match or beat his former employer:

Gator Chucks EA Series Tech-Tru - 3-Jaw and 6-Jaw

Gator Chucks PO Series* - 3-Jaw and 4-jaw

And I'd rate ToS Svitavy as BETTER, TIR-wise:

Self-centering Scroll Chucks

CAVEAT: Above advice from extensive research, and off the back of a very NICE Gator 6-jaw I'm rather please with, value-for-money-wise.

I otherwise have NOTORIOUSLY low tolerance for scroll chucks for my own use!

:)

If you want quality, buy BISON. If you want to save money and buy another chuck within the year, buy anything else :P No bias from me at all! ;)

-Tony at BISON

Back