What's new
What's new

WTB Bridgeport DRO Reader

RonRock

Aluminum
So the DRO reader died on my old Bridgeport. I know it is old and should be replaced with a new DRO setup. But the Bport is not the best unit in the world. Still best that I have, but not as tight as I'd like.

Anyway that said, I do need a DRO to use the mill for any kind of quality.

Anybody have one of these old units for cheap? Or at least affordable.

2021-04-08 10.02.05.jpg

Did the numerical display suddenly fail on yours? Do the square indicator lights come on, but no numerical display? If so, I've fixed two of those by replacing the high-voltage power supply module that powers the gas-discharge panel digital display. I'll scrounge up the part number, still made by Endicott Research Group, (and a direct replacement, not expensive IIRC $20-30, if yours is not not completely dead (ie no lights at all). Cheers

Sounds like that might work. I do have the 4 lights but no numbers. I'd appreciate the part number.

I'm still looking if anybody has one.

I have the same DRO on my mill. One of the readers on mine is dead but the display, scales and other reader all work fine. If you have working readers and scales I'd be interested in buying them off you. Alternatively I could sell you my one working reader, scales and display.

Back