WTB Bridgeport DRO Reader
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WTB Bridgeport DRO Reader

So the DRO reader died on my old Bridgeport. I know it is old and should be replaced with a new DRO setup. But the Bport is not the best unit in the world. Still best that I have, but not as tight as I'd like.

Anyway that said, I do need a DRO to use the mill for any kind of quality.

Anybody have one of these old units for cheap? Or at least affordable.

2021-04-08-10.02.05.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sent you a message, I think I have that exact same one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by setlab View Post
    Sent you a message, I think I have that exact same one.
    PM sent....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm still looking if anybody has one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did the numerical display suddenly fail on yours? Do the square indicator lights come on, but no numerical display? If so, I've fixed two of those by replacing the high-voltage power supply module that powers the gas-discharge panel digital display. I'll scrounge up the part number, still made by Endicott Research Group, (and a direct replacement, not expensive IIRC $20-30, if yours is not not completely dead (ie no lights at all). Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by car2 View Post
    Did the numerical display suddenly fail on yours? Do the square indicator lights come on, but no numerical display? If so, I've fixed two of those by replacing the high-voltage power supply module that powers the gas-discharge panel digital display. I'll scrounge up the part number, still made by Endicott Research Group, (and a direct replacement, not expensive IIRC $20-30, if yours is not not completely dead (ie no lights at all). Cheers
    Sounds like that might work. I do have the 4 lights but no numbers. I'd appreciate the part number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The part number from Endicott Research Group ERG supports all major manufacturers of CCFL- and EL- backlit LCDs is E512-301-CT. If you can't find it on the website, give them a call. Probably 8 years ago, I bought two of those inverter modules (last two in stock at the time), and they fixed two of two of those old Bridgeport/Textron heads with the no-dispay, buttons-work symptom. I had three heads at one time (mine crapped out so I bought a working replacement, then another non-working one for parts, then found that component still being made; gave one away, and the third can't find where I put it. Never found ANY schematics for those, but poking around on the PCB that houses the flat-panel gas-discharge display, couldn't find any relatively high voltage (only 12 or 24 v IIRC), those gas-discharge units require higher voltage than that, so suspected the black potted inverter was the issue, and surprised to find that same part number still available. It steps up the voltage to something like 70v; easy to find and replace on the display board. If that doesn't work drop me a PM, I have the third unit somewhere, and have bought an Accurite to be put on when the reader or head craps out--but the old one has been going and going. I've had more issues with the readers recently, and have some components to try fixing those, but decided to stop maintaining them the next time something craps out. Cheers

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
    I'm still looking if anybody has one.
    I have the same DRO on my mill. One of the readers on mine is dead but the display, scales and other reader all work fine. If you have working readers and scales I'd be interested in buying them off you. Alternatively I could sell you my one working reader, scales and display.