What's new
What's new

WTB Burke 126A B100-4 knee and table parts

Flintlock

Plastic
I have a 1947 Burke 126A no number mill that looks to have been a slot and keyway type mill with the rack and pinion knee and small table. I would like to find parts to at least give me a manual screw type hand feed for the X axis with the 16 or 20 inch table. It appears to be able to raise the knee with a screw setup I would need a different casting to orient the bevel gears properly if I'm thinking right. That would be nice but not as important as a screw type X table at this time. Basically what is in the picture is what I got with it besides a newer 1HP aftermarket motor and arm. I did order a couple 3” Screwless vises and some #9 B&S collets and 3C collets.HPIM2289.jpgHPIM2290.jpgHPIM2291.jpgHPIM2292.jpgHPIM2293.jpg

Hey Flintlock, awhile back I bought what I was told are Burke #4 parts that were attached to a flat plate and were being used as an x-y table. The y portion of the knee that connects to the x-table was cut off from the dovetail part of the knee that attaches to the column. So I have all of those pieces. Everything is apart because I had to fix the bronze nut because it was almost completely stripped. When I am able to get some pics I will send them your way and see if they can help you.

Here are pics of: (1) all the components apart, (2) the 3 major pieces together, and (3) a pic of the y-axis screw. You can see that the knee piece has part of the dovetail but the bottom was cut off to make it sit on the flat plate. The pic of the y-axis screw shows the buggered up threads up near where the handle mounts and that collar screws on there. Maybe this could be fixed to be usable or maybe you can remake it. The acme threads are fine. The x-axis nut is good. The y-axis nut was bad so I bought a round acme nut from McMaster Carr, bored out the nut and pressed in the new nut with Loctite and put in a set screw. Everything is there. The table is 16"x3.75". Make me a reasonable offer but don't forget shipping may get a bit expensive. But I was thinking I may be able to ship components in separate flat rate boxes which isn't bad but the long table and screw may be the most expensive piece due to length and weight. I am in Maryland. Make me a reasonable offer.

Back