What's new
What's new

WTB: Cincinnati Toolmaster head

JP_Innovations

Plastic
I purchased a Cincinnati Toolmaster HV, unfortunately it doesn't have the original toolmaster head. The previous owner never got the head when he bought it.
I know it's a long shot but thought I would try to find a Toolmaster 1D head.

20180924_200038.jpg
Screenshot_20181228-122031_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181228-121734_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have the complete mill like the one in the photo. That mill came in different models. One did not have the vertical 1D head like you need. I didn't think it came with the smaller vert head but seen one for sale at HGR. (Sold) I do have the owners manual both the original large one and the smaller not so good reprint if you need help let me know. I also have most of the parts for the 1D head. I at one time had 3 of them and purchased a 4th that was kinda beat to get the variable speed pulley since mine was bad. I think the ones that didn't have the 1D head attached from Cincinnati didn't have the worm gear and worm hole bored into the rear of the ram. The Tee nut housing to hold the head is bolted on.

Thank you very much, will keep that in mind about the manual. After checking the serial number and researching, it turns out mine is a 1C. But has the HV overarm with the T slot and provision for the worm. I removed the factory cover off that end and it does have the T slot machined and even the T nuts. And from what I can tell by deciphering the serial number it is a 1963 model.
You have a picture of yours? I ultimately would love to find the HV model that had the full powered knee from the 210 horizontal mills.
If you come across a 1D head please let me know. Also good to know you have parts for them.
Does the 1D head spindle use NT tooling or the cincinnati collets set up? Really hoping NT.

Regards
Josh

Nearly 20 years ago I bought a 1970 built 205-12 Cintiversal mill. The toolmaster head was partially disassembled and missing parts. Over about a 5 year period I made tons of phone calls all around the country looking for parts or a whole head and finally found one place in Ohio that had a few odds and end parts that I ended up buying to get my toolmaster head back together. I had already bought a used 2hp bridgeport head and was starting on making conversion parts to install it on the mill when I turned up parts.
Not sure if things are better or worse for finding Cincinnati mill parts these days. The place I ended up finding some Cincinnati parts is

Cincinnati Mill Parts l Kearney & Trecker Parts l Machine Replacement Parts

shoot them an email

Thank you very much. Will certainly send them an email.
Just googled your model, wow I havent come across one of those. Do you still have yours?
I would love to get one of the Toolmaster 205 HV models.

Ahh, a tiny bit different to the one I looked up. I like how your model has the swiveling table.
I emailed the company you sent a link too. Fingers crossed.

Back