What's new
What's new

wtb: Collet Nut for Precise Rockwell Jig Grinder JIL

ps15

Plastic
Looking to buy a collet nut for my precise rockwell jig grinder model JIL. Additionally, i'd make one if someone could provide me drawings and info. PM me with offers or information.

Looking to buy a collet nut for my precise rockwell jig grinder model JIL. Additionally, i'd make one if someone could provide me drawings and info. PM me with offers or information.

Neither Ellaire nor even Precise' new "Daddy", Fischer Spindle, SHOW them. I would hope that Fischer HAD them if asked by email or telcon.

As to "make"? My Mahr Millmess is only good to 20 millionths. Neither 10EE is good for even its OEM 50 millionths, best workholding I have no better than 2 tenths, so I surely can't do it here with any decent odds of success.

These buggers are a tad more finely made than they look, after all. AFAIK, they were precision ground, not just turned. "Precise" was no lie, and Dremel they were never.

:(

So I take it the collet nuts need to be balanced for high RPM usage?

The spindle and motor, bearing fit and bearing selection actually ARE dynamically balanced to a nano-feather and that is not a cheap service. ISTR seeing $1,500 or so. Even Kluber's best ISO-flex lube is reputed to degrade around the nine-year of age mark, too..so ignorign it has consequences.

The collets and clamp nut are simply made to a very high standard, given they must interchange, one tasking to the next.

It is taken for granted one will utilize very high-grade mounted points as well, not wobblycheapshits as would stress those bearings & c.

Add the minimum warm up time at varying speed, a "Precise" is a serious pain in the anatomy to actually USE.

OTOH, so long as there are only tenths to be touched up, they can earn their oatmeal. High-grade air spindles have generally taken the simpler market, and long since.

Many "Precise" are IN the used market "precisely" because they cost so much to service properly. Wealthy man's tool, not Joe Average.

@ps15 Post a picture of the business end.
Measure the thread and let us know what you find.
There are a few different styles, and if yours matches mine I can get you some usable dimensions for making one.

ISTR going to Ellaire because Sopko had ceased carrying nuts OR collets for the "Precise". Market had dried up, perhaps?

I could be wrong. I had nuts. It was only the collets themselves I needed more of.

PS: I had been asked if they were a perfect fit and had not checked them out. I now have done. They were not. Could be I ordered the wrong ones, though. I cannot lay that one on the vendor.

Hi,

Fischer Inc USA is still selling the Jig Grinder Chuck Nuts (Part Number 307492) for $115 each. Ultra precision SRP6 collets are around $300 each.

QUESTION: Does anybody have extra Jig Grinder Air Filter Elements (Part Number 305114)for sale? :-)

Tuomo

Hi,

Fischer Inc USA is still selling the Jig Grinder Chuck Nuts (Part Number 307492) for $115 each. Ultra precision SRP6 collets are around $300 each.

QUESTION: Does anybody have extra Jig Grinder Air Filter Elements (Part Number 305114)for sale? :-)

Tuomo

May not be "ultra" precision - check the cross-ref to the Precise SKU right in this table:

Elaire Corporation - Air Motor and Grinder Collets

Just under $40 each might make checking out at least ONE worth it?

I have a Precise S65B that has no collets, so I am not shore of the style of collet that fits proper. Attached is a pic of spindle and collet nut. Nut measures .840 OD x .569 LONG; has 32 Threads/inch on .651 outside diameter; the taper in the spindle is 21 degree (10.5 degree/side). At the large taper of spindle id measures close to .5 diameter. Need to know type of collet required?

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Back