What's new
What's new

WTB: D1-6 spindle for Webb/Whacheon Lathe

rpseguin

Stainless
If you know someone that has a D1-6 spindle or headstock for a 1980s Whacheon/Webb/Mori Seiki, please contact me

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’ve edited the original post and removed my email since someone (“Eddie”) is apparently trying to scam me.

We’ve been texting back and forth a little bit.
He really wants me to pay with family & friends in PayPal, even though I said I was happy to pay the extra 3%...

Warning signs:
-I haven’t been able to talk on the phone. When I call, I get “the text mail subscriber you are trying to reach is not available”
-he wants what seems too low of a price including shipping from Nashville, TN for what is a fairly heavy and large item.
-he wants me to use family & friends In PayPal

3c3c7857d6dc1074a1850ec086c737f8.jpg

And, a quick web search for Webb Whacheon WL-435 lathe spindle “shockingly” shows some of the same pictures this person is texting to me.

Le sigh!
I was hoping I had found a good deal on a D1-6 spindle!

Yikes. Good decision to forget about that guy IMO.

Yeah. Gonna block & report his phone # (615-908-5671) and email ([email protected])

I will refrain from posting my email address. I just wish messaging on PM wasn’t so bad!

I’m wondering how they scraped my email address. Hopefully they aren’t Practical Machinist members!

Good luck, the A series spinlde nose is one of my few gripes with mine. The other being the missing change gear needed for some of the threads, why didn't they include a stud under the cover for the extra gear?!?

Good luck, the A series spinlde nose is one of my few gripes with mine. The other being the missing change gear needed for some of the threads, why didn't they include a stud under the cover for the extra gear?!?

I use one every day, no lead screw reverse on the carriage has a huge suck factor. You need to stop the spindle and move the lever at the far left of the headstock. very inconvenient.

I used to use a TOS that had a coordinate joystick for feeds and had a rapid button. Everything else sucks compare to that.

Back